PDA

View Full Version : Question About Klasse HGSG

BobbyK
04-15-2013, 03:52 PM
I decided that the Klasse kit would be a good baseline for me as I've never worked with any form of paint sealant before. I've searched and searched through old threads and it seems that they all lead me down a different road to properly applying and removing the HGSG. Some say the WOWO process works while other say to wait a full 12hrs before removing the initial coat. Some say to use a spiff wax to remove excess while others say not to. So what is THE best way to use this product? Thanks!

yakky
04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
The best way is _SUPER THIN_. No other product will make you more miserable if you go too thick. For your first try, follow the directions on the bottle (while applying incredibly thin). Do it on a single panel as well.

I personally don't like the QD method to remove it as it might compromise the next layer, and KSG is one of the few products that genuinely gets better with more layers.

BobbyG
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is best applied using a small 4 ounce spray bottle.

Shake the large container to ensure the product is completely blended
Transfer approximately 3 ounces of product into a 4 ounce spray bottle
Lightly spray a small amount of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on the surface and wipe in with a clean Microfiber towel
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze can also be sprayed on the towel then applied to the panel.
Buff to a glossy shine and enjoy

BobbyK
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze is best applied using a small 4 ounce spray bottle.

Lightly spray a small amount of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on the surface and wipe in with a clean Microfiber towel
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze can also be sprayed on the towel then applied to the panel.

I already hit the local beauty supply shop for my bottles :) So you apply it much like a spray wax... only with extremely minimal amounts? Thanks for the help on this!

ScottB
04-15-2013, 07:43 PM

I been preaching that for years :props:

jdmj0
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Hmm, I'll need to try adopting this spray bottle! Do you rinse out your spray nozzle after each application?

For me, I just transferred a bunch of product into a cap bottle as I hate using the container it comes in. I apply it very thin and let it sit for 12 hours. Come back, give light sprays of distilled water and wipe off the dried haze (which is a pain to do otherwise).

I've had it last half a year no problem (through heavy rain and burning sunshine). I usually do a strip wash by then so I've never really tried seeing if it lasts any longer.

FUNX650
04-16-2013, 08:53 AM
I'll just add that:
I use a very slightly-dampened microfiber applicator
while basically performing a WOWO-method...
on just one panel at a time.

A second such application for: "complete-coverage peace-of-mind",
after at least an elapsed 12 hours time-period, if so desired.

Machine-application is easier to obtain the:
"Thin-Is-In"...film-layer of KHGSG...IMO.

:)

Bob