Black Silverado HD gets Meguiar's Black Wax for some High Definition in the paint!

Detailing by M

Reaction score
So here's another black vehicle that got the new Black Wax
This was a basic detail with wax and I opted for the new Black Wax.
Now my first experience with BW gave me great polishing results and I've been expecting those same results and it just hasn't happened. I was thinking of this wax as more of a polish then a wax.
So with my mindset of this being a wax and not so much a polish is working out great and my customers are loving it too!

Just a few pics but you can see the results are great.

Before:
Dirty filthy bugs from a trip to Lake Havasu
IMAG1080_zps892ab4a5.jpg

IMAG1081_zps8181956a.jpg

IMAG1082_zps790e9def.jpg

IMAG1084_zpsd53b9a5f.jpg

IMAG1085_zps9e3e90df.jpg

After BW:

IMAG1091_zpsbaf29f42.jpg

IMAG1092_zpsd00d35b9.jpg

IMAG1093_zps446639d4.jpg

IMAG1090_zpscc7cf197.jpg

IMAG1086_zps04db2b19.jpg

IMAG1089_zpsf5a1ad78.jpg

IMAG1087_zpsf62e7f8e.jpg

IMAG1088_zpsb456d84b.jpg

Looks fantastic.

BTW, I like your apron.... I put one on order over the weekend. Were you using a Flex for this job?
Thank you very much for the kudos!

Yes I used my Flex, I don't false advertise! lol.
My Flex is my goto right now until I get my Rupes in a few weeks.
Then I'll throw all of my other machines away!

Thank you very much for the kudos!

Yes I used my Flex, I don't false advertise! lol.
My Flex is my goto right now until I get my Rupes in a few weeks.
Then I'll throw all of my other machines away!

If your going to throw those machines away you can throw them in a box and send them my way.....

Meg's Soft Buff Pad.
Sorry for not saying more when I wrote this up. I was just making a "quickie post". I had a long weekend of work but this truck is a rare find and it came out very nice so I had to share it with my new friends.

This Black Wax is very interesting. Your paint was definitely swirled up before applying, yet looks incredibly improved afterwards.

I was under the impression that this product was primarily an excellent cleaner, and secondly a polish, with added protection.

Cleaners don't remove swirls, so something in the formula is really doing a great job in either covering them up (filling), or removing some of them, or a combination of both.

Jeeze for about $10, that is very impressive indeed, whatever its formula.

How would you rate its' cut and gloss compared to:
XMT 360?
Optimum PolySeal?
GPS?
Is the product worked to a haze, or worked clear with minimal residue?
And finally, any dusting?
I'm also thinking it's a sealant, rather than a wax, per se. A better option for DD's in these heavy pollen days of spring

How would you rate its' cut and gloss compared to:
XMT 360?
Optimum PolySeal?
GPS?
Is the product worked to a haze, or worked clear with minimal residue?
And finally, any dusting?
I'm also thinking it's a sealant, rather than a wax, per se. A better option for DD's in these heavy pollen days of spring

I haven't used any of those products.
Meg's say to think of this wax like carnauba.
It has Montan Wax in it which comes from fossilized plant wax from over 2 million years ago.
I apply it like a wax, do the rest of the car then wipe clean with no dust, it's a wax not a polish/compound

Well Detailing by M, very nice work on the truck, it has definitely seen better days.

now onto the business of throwing out the polisher DA thingy...:drool::pc7424:

Well Detailing by M, very nice work on the truck, it has definitely seen better days.

now onto the business of throwing out the polisher DA thingy...:drool::pc7424:
Thank you!
and lol, I'm not really going to throw away my polishers.

As always very nice work! Never a bad turn out from you. Great reflections :dblthumb2:

As always very nice work! Never a bad turn out from you. Great reflections :dblthumb2:
WOW! I'm flatteded!
i try, I take a lot of pride in my work.
I was trainned by Meguiar's and the paint whisperer, I try to be like him. Also I'm always learning. I call my business a practice, always learning and training.
Thanks again

This Black Wax is very interesting... I was under the impression that this product was primarily an excellent cleaner, and secondly a polish, with added protection.

I think the "excellent cleaner/secondly a polish" is the White Wax. The Black Wax would be an "excellent polish/secondly a cleaner".

Yes, I stand corrected...Polish first, Cleaner second. In any event it looks like a great product for daily drivers.

the term cleaner or polish is the same. the cleaning action is polishing the paint.
BW has polishing oils in it. Black loves oil polish.
The first time I used BW was to remove wool buffer marks on a repainted Nova.
It did a great job on that paint.
I was expecting the same polishing results from BW on all paints. That wasn't the case at all.
I use it on a Cadi, Vett and this truck with very little paint correction.
I was disappointed but then I read the label and it reminded me that this is a WAX and not a polish.
So to me this goes in the wax category with little if any correcting abilities.
But your results may vary since I've only used it on GM paint and an unknown repaint.

Back