Whats a good after wash application over a sealant that covers up small swirls etc?

vern1

Reaction score
I undertook, over the long cold winter, to do a 3 stage polish on my black 1996 911. It was quite swirled so I washed, clayed, compounded with Menz Power Gloss (yellow pad), med correction with Menz Power Finish (green pad) and final with Menz SF4500 (gray pad). Then sealed with Power Lock - 2 coats. Looks fabulous i think

Was lots of work. Of course after the first wash last week there were some very fine marks. I used a brand new wash mitt and the 2 bucket system with grit guard then blew the car dry with my leaf blower and then used my best MF.

I know with black and esp soft Porsche paint that marks are inevitable. My question: is there a good spray wax or glaze that i can apply post wash that will cover any fine marks up till the next wash ?

many thanks

How many mitts and towels did you use on your car? If you didnt use enough or at least swap it out once or twice at least, your towels/mitt might have caused the marks so your wash technique might have messed it up....

other than that, people love wet glaze, and i like cg glossworkz glaze to hide some swirls.

You can use either 3M Imperial hand glaze or Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze...
Followed by a layer/coat of Meguiar's #26 Wax.

(Then there's these glazes to choose from):
Glaze after car polish and before wax. carnauba finishing glaze, gloss, show car glaze, last step product, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, XMT, 3M, Meguiars

-I believe I understand your reluctance to be continually abrading your vehicles' paint.
-But even if any of the above products
will cover any fine marks up till the next wash...
I'll have to concur with: Mark's below statement:
Nothing will completely cover up swirls.

With the stress on completely!

:)

Bob

Thanks will have a look. Is there a spray on product that works like this? They say the glazes should go on pre sealant. I want a quick wax/glaze for post wash

Thanks!

Thanks Bob, I will give one of them a try. Appreciate the advice

Back