Paint transfer removal

Skoob

Reaction score
View attachment 17759

I need some suggestions on how to clean this up. It is white paint transferred from a painted wooden column. The surface is textured black plastic. I have never cleaned anything liked this off before and not sure where to start. Thanks.

Didn't work any other ideas out there. Thanks.

The side view mirror looks plastic no? Can rubbing compound be used on plastic?

If the cleansing lotion doesn't work I mean.

I'm thinking APC and a brush to start. Before thinner? Just make a nice concentrated version.

I'm thinking APC and a brush to start. Before thinner? Just make a nice concentrated version.

I would try some different solvents or adhesive removers with a nylon brush and a terry cloth.

Turpentine
Thinner
Goof Off
Goo Gone

Try testing an inconspicuous spot before you keep going in case it hurts the plastic.

If it is latex paint-Winter Window Washer fluid will dissolve it (not kidding it really does). If it is not latex then paint thinner might (l have used a rag dipped in thinner and let it sit on test spot for few minutes). Wipe off with contrasting colored cloth to see if works.

Optimum compound on a microfiber hand polishing pad. This will work and will not stain the plastic. Paint thinner and solvents - I wouldn't use. Plastic is somewhat porous and may absorb some solvents and cause a stain or dark spot in the plastic.

Back