Cleaning/Polishing Chrome Bumpers

sumair

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Ive searched but i can't seem to find what im looking for. The front chrome bumper of my truck has gotten hazy over time. Even when i use a chrome polish it doesnt seem to get rid of the haziness. What do you guys use to get rid of this? Steps? would like my bumper to shine like day one if thats possible

You may want to try P21s soap. It really does a good job on metals, I use it on my trucks chrome bumpers and the result is excellent.
P21S Polishing Soap - State-of-the-art German metal-polishing technology is now available from P21S.

autogeek_2258_25577244.jpg

Dave

i might have to add that p21 to my arsenal

Lots of uses around the house also. Detailed the shower, shower doors, toilet, silverware and the list goes on. The Wife is getting to love this stuff. Gonna have to order some for myself again at this rate. You may want one of these also, as it works and lasts longer than the one supplied. Nick at Autogeek turned me onto it.
Diamondite Zip Sponge Bug & Tar Remover

Dave

Lots of uses around the house also. Detailed the shower, shower doors, toilet, silverware and the list goes on. The Wife is getting to love this stuff. Gonna have to order some for myself again at this rate. You may want one of these also, as it works and lasts longer than the one supplied. Nick at Autogeek turned me onto it.
Diamondite Zip Sponge Bug & Tar Remover

Dave

You have chrome toilets? 😍

You just apply it with the sponge and wipe it off with a microfiber once it's dry/haze?

Wet the sponge, work it into a lather, scrub the affected piece. Then you can rinse or what I do is use a dry microfiber and clean the surface to a shine.

Dave

You just apply it with the sponge and wipe it off with a microfiber once it's dry/haze?

Rinse thoroughly with water or allow to haze and buff out with soft cloth. (Directions on tub.) It really does a good job even though I only use it for tail pipes.

71 Bowtie ~ Labor Day Wknd '12

9227 C
Mother Metal Polish
Optimum 6.5" MF Polishing Pad
]
71_bowtie_metal_polish_1.png

alright i tried to snap some pics of the bumper and you really can't see the haziness in the pic but its there. it still shines just certain areas has that haziness. Top part of the bumper is chrome plated plastic. I just use q quick detailer and wax on it.

Already voiced my opinion P21S. On a side note seeing you said plastic chrome. I have a 99 Dodge with the plastic chrome grill and I just tried the P21S on it for the first time. Applicator turned black and I wiped off the grill to a very nice shine with no marring. So yes it even works on plastic chrome. I am going to have to try this on my 5th wheel. Maybe I can get away from the compound buffing of the fiberglass.

Dave

Aqua Wax works really well on chrome also. No smear marks or haziness after applying. The chrome needs to be in good condition to begin with tho.

Dave

So the p21s will clear up the chrome and make it shine like new?

So the p21s will clear up the chrome and make it shine like new?

Nothing is for certain but I am very happy with the cleaning and finish of everything I have used it on. For $11.00 and how long a tub will last it is not a big investment and no more nasty rags or pads clumped full of black polish/compound. The only sure way to know is to try it. If we were close by I would let you check it out to see if it met your standards.

Dave

Back