PDA

View Full Version : prepairing pad for Collinite 845

jimjc
05-14-2013, 12:47 PM
I know I put Collinite 845 on thin but what do I prime my 6 1/2 pad for my da with. will a mist of water work or some Megs 135 spray detailer work ?

Setec Astronomy
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't prime it with anything.

dorkiedoode
05-14-2013, 12:55 PM
"On a clean dry pad squeeze out 3 dime size globs equally spaced 3/4" or so in from the outer edge. Set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the surface and switch it on..

Work the product in a criss-cross overlapping pattern and spread very thin. Wait until the product hazes; 30 minutes at 70 degrees, and buff with a clean Microfiber towel..."

jimjc
05-14-2013, 01:03 PM
"On a clean dry pad squeeze out 3 dime size globs equally spaced 3/4" or so in from the outer edge. Set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the surface and switch it on..

Work the product in a criss-cross overlapping pattern and spread very thin. Wait until the product hazes; 30 minutes at 70 degrees, and buff with a clean Microfiber towel..."

Thanks for the reply. This is the first time for Colinite 845, and I know it has to be thin..Thanks again

Impressions
05-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Be prepared to shake till your arm hurt
When it solidifies it takes quite a bit of shaking to make it liquefy

Helltopay
05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
It is much easier to work with if you warm up the bottle a little. I usually put mine in a pot of warm water for a few minutes. Take it out, shake it a few times, and you are ready to go.

BobbyK
05-14-2013, 07:13 PM
It is much easier to work with if you warm up the bottle a little. I usually put mine in a pot of warm water for a few minutes. Take it out, shake it a few times, and you are ready to go.

:iagree: I usually throw it in some hot water while I clean up from washing and within a few minutes, it's buttery smooth after shaking. It also helps of you transfer to a different bottle. I picked up the 97 cent WalMart squeeze bottle and it works fine!

Rsurfer
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
:iagree: I usually throw it in some hot water while I clean up from washing and within a few minutes, it's buttery smooth after shaking. It also helps of you transfer to a different bottle. I picked up the 97 cent WalMart squeeze bottle and it works fine!

Just put it in the sun while your washing the car.

dorkiedoode
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Is it me? Cause I don't even remember shaking it much after putting it in my sink fill with hot water. It was liquified instantly and I just gave it a few hard shake and it's ready to use. I guess I got the easy batch.

BobbyK
05-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Just put it in the sun while your washing the car.

Haven't had much luck with that... Perhaps due to the wonderful Ohio weather. It only takes a few minutes under hot water so no biggie. Thanks though!

NYV6Coupe
05-14-2013, 09:34 PM
The definitive 845 how-to guide is right here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/40243-collinite-845-definitive-how-guide-legendary-wax.html