prepairing pad for Collinite 845

jimjc

Reaction score
I know I put Collinite 845 on thin but what do I prime my 6 1/2 pad for my da with. will a mist of water work or some Megs 135 spray detailer work ?

"On a clean dry pad squeeze out 3 dime size globs equally spaced 3/4" or so in from the outer edge. Set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the surface and switch it on..

Work the product in a criss-cross overlapping pattern and spread very thin. Wait until the product hazes; 30 minutes at 70 degrees, and buff with a clean Microfiber towel..."

"On a clean dry pad squeeze out 3 dime size globs equally spaced 3/4" or so in from the outer edge. Set the speed setting to 3, place the pad on the surface and switch it on..

Work the product in a criss-cross overlapping pattern and spread very thin. Wait until the product hazes; 30 minutes at 70 degrees, and buff with a clean Microfiber towel..."

Thanks for the reply. This is the first time for Colinite 845, and I know it has to be thin..Thanks again

Be prepared to shake till your arm hurt
When it solidifies it takes quite a bit of shaking to make it liquefy

It is much easier to work with if you warm up the bottle a little. I usually put mine in a pot of warm water for a few minutes. Take it out, shake it a few times, and you are ready to go.

It is much easier to work with if you warm up the bottle a little. I usually put mine in a pot of warm water for a few minutes. Take it out, shake it a few times, and you are ready to go.

:iagree: I usually throw it in some hot water while I clean up from washing and within a few minutes, it's buttery smooth after shaking. It also helps of you transfer to a different bottle. I picked up the 97 cent WalMart squeeze bottle and it works fine!

:iagree: I usually throw it in some hot water while I clean up from washing and within a few minutes, it's buttery smooth after shaking. It also helps of you transfer to a different bottle. I picked up the 97 cent WalMart squeeze bottle and it works fine!

Just put it in the sun while your washing the car.

Is it me? Cause I don't even remember shaking it much after putting it in my sink fill with hot water. It was liquified instantly and I just gave it a few hard shake and it's ready to use. I guess I got the easy batch.

Just put it in the sun while your washing the car.

Haven't had much luck with that... Perhaps due to the wonderful Ohio weather. It only takes a few minutes under hot water so no biggie. Thanks though!

Back