PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys get this at parking lot?

Pages : [1] 2

dorkiedoode
05-15-2013, 07:30 PM

Today at work I notice someone put a business card on my window. Normally I would be like eh whatever. But today I notice it was only on my car lol. Throughout the whole parking lot, a bunch of dirty car, but it was only on my window. I had like the cleanest car in the lot. LoL just funny I thought.

cmichael258
05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Guess he figured your car would be the easiest to do and would be fast money.

Vegas Transplant
05-15-2013, 07:57 PM
When I was plastering parking lots out west, I would skip the obviously neglected vehicles also. They never respond.

scrubs147
05-15-2013, 08:12 PM
why would anyone advertise armorall as one of their products/services? I don't know of any armorall products that are worthy.

Andr3wilson
05-15-2013, 08:27 PM
why would anyone advertise armorall as one of their products/services? I don't know of any armorall products that are worthy.

Because Armor All is common, well known term, even moms know it (feat in itself). Dates back from forever. Good advertisement really. You don't have to explain the product, people just know what it is. Most don't even care it is chocked full of greasy silicone.

dorkiedoode
05-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Because Armor All is common, well known term, even moms know it (feat in itself). Dates back from forever. Good advertisement really. You don't have to explain the product, people just know what it is. Most don't even care it is chocked full of greasy silicone.

you're spot on. my coworker couldn't care less. if they see shiny, they'll pay. this guy is trying to get me to let them wash my car for 2 years now. he even ask one of my coworker to come in to ask me if i wanted a car wash. he had his van with a bath tub of water and a pressure washer. makes me wonder if i should bring the Gary Dean wash method to work and show him how it's done lol. it'll save him a lot of gas driving around that bath tub.

Andr3wilson
05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
you're spot on. my coworker couldn't care less. if they see shiny, they'll pay. this guy is trying to get me to let them wash my car for 2 years now. he even ask one of my coworker to come in to ask me if i wanted a car wash. he had his van with a bath tub of water and a pressure washer. makes me wonder if i should bring the Gary Dean wash method to work and show him how it's done lol. it'll save him a lot of gas driving around that bath tub.

Oddly enough, I have met a ton of people (when I was contracted out to Autoobessed for the motor show) who love shiny and glossy dashes! Of course I had to not sputter and scream when I was told that! I find the Sonus Eclipse (I dont remember the pinnacle/WG/DP version names) and CG G6 are popular with the glossy dash lovers. I can't figure it out myself. I like Sonax Matte Dash and 1Z Cockpit Premium myself, but eh, sell whats wanted!

I personally believe the shine is showing clean to them.

I am surprised why more mobile/express guys aren't using CG Ecosmart system! imagine what you would save on!

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-16-2013, 12:24 AM

Ah another Gary Dean wash method fan..

dorkiedoode
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Ah another Gary Dean wash method fan..

Actually I never tried it lol. I just thought that was a really cool idea he thought of and i think a lot of mobile detailed could use it. Or any kind of waterless or rinse less wash. Instead of driving around a bath tub and a pressure washer. For me I've always been washing the car with the 2BM and a pressure washer. We don't have any water law here in Cali so I'm going to enjoy it for now. Plus I think it's much safer on my super soft paint. Maybe one day ill give rinseless a try though and see if the paint can make it through it.

T3 AutoDetails
05-16-2013, 01:23 AM
I put cards in the seal of cars I would like to work on. The reason it was on your car and no one else's was a smart move on his part.

If you seen a beat to hell car (wouldn't you think the owner doesn't care about the way their car looks). So in reality he is marketing people who will probably give him atleast a call. I never put cards on neglected cars, They go right on the ground because they just don't care or figure they would do it themselves.

Smart marketing in my eyes.

dorkiedoode
05-16-2013, 01:35 AM
It is indeed. Then to come to think about it. Would you ever think to yourself that if that person can get his car to look that good would he bother to call? Or he might already have a detailer on his phone list? I'm just wondering. I'm not doing this as a business so I wouldn't know. In the mobile guy he probably think man I can get his car to look like this weekly and ill make easy money cause it's so clean. In my mind he's going to do the opposite, put more swirls on my car, and I'll have something to polish during the weekend lol.

I put cards in the seal of cars I would like to work on. The reason it was on your car and no one else's was a smart move on his part.

If you seen a beat to hell car (wouldn't you think the owner doesn't care about the way their car looks). So in reality he is marketing people who will probably give him atleast a call. I never put cards on neglected cars, They go right on the ground because they just don't care or figure they would do it themselves.

Smart marketing in my eyes.

T3 AutoDetails
05-16-2013, 01:54 AM
It is indeed. Then to come to think about it. Would you ever think to yourself that if that person can get his car to look that good would he bother to call? Or he might already have a detailer on his phone list? I'm just wondering. I'm not doing this as a business so I wouldn't know. In the mobile guy he probably think man I can get his car to look like this weekly and ill make easy money cause it's so clean. In my mind he's going to do the opposite, put more swirls on my car, and I'll have something to polish during the weekend lol.

I have indeed thought about that, Most people like their cars too look like that and may be able to do it, But when people have money its like anything else (i'll pay someone to do it because I don't want too). Sad to say but this is the world we live in. People are lazy. How many things do you pay for that you could do yourself yet you pay anyways? What your paying for is the "convenience" of someone else doing it yet getting the same results you expect as if you did it yourself.

hernandez.art13
05-16-2013, 01:59 AM

I leave my business card. For these cars.

TH3M B0N3Z
05-16-2013, 07:04 AM
I used to use Armor All.... yuck. I now use Vinylex. I hope that's better, lol. Seems to be. And I use Lexol on my leather-wrapped steering wheel.

I very rarely get any business cards on my car. Sometimes I'll get one for haircuts, but it's all about those trendy hair-do's that white people usually don't get. :laughing:

Jomax
05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I used to use Armor All.... yuck. I now use Vinylex. I hope that's better, lol. Seems to be. And I use Lexol on my leather-wrapped steering wheel.

I very rarely get any business cards on my car. Sometimes I'll get one for haircuts, but it's all about those trendy hair-do's that white people usually don't get. :laughing:

In assuming you're not "white". Lol