Dodo Juice Purple Haze layered over Blackfire Wet Diamond

Nate3420

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just thought I'd ask what you think of my results of my Blackfire wet diamond and Dodo juice Purple Haze Pro combo. Now wondering what everything thinks would be next steps of layers next time I wash. I could go with more Dodo Juice or Collinite 845, or Collinite 915. What you guys think?

Car looks great!

Is that the small Purple Haze or the 250ml? If small, how much of it did you use?

On the next wash (my personal vehicle), i would just use Spray Wax.

Yeah it is purple haze. It was only the 30 ml pot. It did my whole truck. Nothing to spare

Car looks great!

On the next wash (my personal vehicle), i would just use Spray Wax.

+1.... but I would not use the spray wax until some time in the second or third month. Why cover the Dodo so soon?

+1.... but I would not use the spray wax until some time in the second or third month. Why cover the Dodo so soon?

I was thinking instead of a spray wax go with one more coat of dodo then a coat of Collinite 915 to lock in the dark warm look from the purple haze. Thinking it would turn out really well. What you think?

I was thinking instead of a spray wax go with one more coat of dodo then a coat of Collinite 915 to lock in the dark warm look from the purple haze. Thinking it would turn out really well. What you think?

Purple Haze Pro has sealant qualities so with enough cure time being topped with 915 would be cool. I don't know how much extra pop you would get but you never know until you try.

Out of curiosity - how much Blackfire Wet Diamond does it take you guys to do an entire car/truck? I find myself using a dime size amount roughly every car panel or so. From what I have read, this seems excessive. What do you guys use to apply the BFWD and what are some signs to look for that would tell me that I've used enough?

I think that you ought to relax and enjoy your truck. It looks wonderful and any thing on top of any wax or sealant is not going to make it last any longer or look any better.

This can get really silly.

Out of curiosity - how much Blackfire Wet Diamond does it take you guys to do an entire car/truck? I find myself using a dime size amount roughly every car panel or so. From what I have read, this seems excessive. What do you guys use to apply the BFWD and what are some signs to look for that would tell me that I've used enough?

I used roughly 2.5-3.5 oz for a full truck. So not bad at all

I used roughly 2.5-3.5 oz for a full truck. So not bad at all

That's cool. Seems about right then. What are you using to apply it? Hand application with foam pad or dual action buffer?

Dual action with a green LC pad. But you probably should use blue but I didn't have a new one so used green and worked fine

Dual action with a green LC pad. But you probably should use blue but I didn't have a new one so used green and worked fine

I've heard mixed thoughts about using a buffer vs applying it with hand. Since you've got a black car too, do you see the sealant glaze and haze a little bit and then move on?

I've heard mixed thoughts about using a buffer vs applying it with hand. Since you've got a black car too, do you see the sealant glaze and haze a little bit and then move on?

I put it on speed 2 and do about 4 section passes. You can tell what is covered and what isn't. Then go around the whole truck and then buff off after the whole truck is applied. Gives it like 20 minutes to sit

Amazing gloss and depth anyway I would go with collinite 915 machine applied for nice even coverage.

Back