PDA

View Full Version : Cg 721

OhTwoGT
05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
This is sort of a mini -review, no pics for now, planning on doing a photoshoot with the car this week/weekend so I will update with those later.

I have been spreading out a detail process on my 2002 Mustang GT for the past two weeks compounding,polishing, and pretty much doing what I can when I can. The process I found that works best on my mustang is D300 on MF cutting pads, followed by BlackFire Gloss enhancing polish, BlackFire Wet Diamond Paint sealant, then topping it with BlackFire Midnight Sun wax.

Well for some reason I was getting spotty results with this combo, swirls were still present on my spoiler,trunk lid, and rear bumper. I used everything in my arsenal to try and tackle this stuff and NOTHING worked, they were minor swirls/rids but for some reason I could not get them to come out. I tried WGTSR,D300,Ultimate Compound, and still not the results that I was looking for.

Then I tried a bottle of #721 that ive had for a year or two(still full, tried it once and did not like its working time so I never used it again) on a LC Orange pad and it came out flawlessly. The big key to this product is working it in, if you work this compound in for its full working time it will come out LSP ready or close to it. I was very surprised at the results, especially since my past experience was less than stellar. So I ended up going with 721, followed by CG P40 polish topped with the BFWDPS and the results were amazing. *

Ive seen a few opinions of this compound on here and most were not good, so if any of you have this compound just sitting around or are looking for another option this one is worth a try.

Theo_Auto_Fines
05-28-2013, 10:22 AM
I recommend that you email Greg @ChemicalGuys, he owns a Mustang too.