Quick Carpet Cleaning Tips

hernandez.art13

Reaction score
I want to clean the carpet on "My" car, not customers.

I can see a spot left and right in my car. (Carpet) So would like to give it a decent carpet clean. To remove the spots and try to remove as much as possible.

What do you guys suggest?

I have APC and mothers carpet brushes, but I am going to Home Depot to buy some Folex and quick releases (don't know the name, the one's the attach and detach from one's hose)

I am not able to buy a shop vac/extractor. (Yet)

But I know where there is a will there is a way.

Help out a Detailer, don't criticize him.
Thank You

Well, might want to save up for the wet dry vac. I don't see much use in spotting/blotting carpet. I mean, you've dealt with the issue for a minute so far, what's a few more day/weeks/months?
If you're gonna do it, do it right. Half measure prevail us Geeks nothing. Im the MAN

Wow!
Hope that it works for you. Not something that catches my eye. Hopefully others will post experience of that tool.

How dirty/set are the stains?

Not really stains, more spots. just carpet has never been cleaned lol, i'm just going to rent a home depot machine lol

Just grab a Bissel machine or one of the Ridgid wet/dry vacs

You could use the vacume at a DIY car wash untill you get your own

The idea of that handheld steamer vac is good, but not powerful enough in reality. I had one for awhile and was never impressed. It was like it was trying to do too many things at once and wasn't good at any of them.
Save up a little bit and get yourself a shop vac first. Folex and some brushes work well.
Check craigslist periodically. Sometimes you get lucky and find someone who has a vacuum or steamer that they just want gone for cheap.

The money i not an issue. It's more about storage space. I am running out of room lol.

I am going on my 3rd machine. Thinking about how I am going to fit it in my coupe's trunk.

I already have an amp and a 12" back there.

That plus 2 chairs for my kids football games. And my X-large black ice bag haha...

Oh no! Might have to get a van lol, then I'll have plenty of room for more purchases haha

APC by its self will work fine.
Spray, brush wipe.
and you can rent a Rug Dr with an upholstery attachment.

A good all purpose cleaner
Horse hair brush
Bissell Pro heat auto version
Folex
MF towels

Should be all you need

Try some oxyclean and sucking it up with a wet vac. I have a ton of success with oxyclean on spot stains. Carpets will look brand new after. It's over looked a lot and almost people here think I'm crazy with it but it is cheap and works wonders

Back