WG 3.0 and souveran

Dewy

Reaction score
I want to apply souveran over WG 3.0. Can I do this without fear that the next application of WG won't bond?

I want to apply souveran over WG 3.0.
Can I do this without fear that the next application of WG won't bond?
How soon are you planning to perform the next WG 3.0 application?

Depending upon various factors (ex. environmental; wash/dry cycles; etc.):
I'd say that if you wait a couple-few weeks...
Souveran will be depleted to the point that it will be a: WG 3.0-bonding non-issue.

Personally...(In order to maintain WG 3.0's sealant-attributes):
I would just apply a second film-layer of WG 3.0 after the initial
WG 3.0 film-layer has had ~12hrs cure-time.

That's probably just me though.

:)

Bob

Sealant over wax not a good idea. Better off just 2 coats of wgdgps then topping up with it when needed.

The Souvern will wear away much faster the the WGDGPS. However it will be hard to tell if it's completely gone. I would go ahead and do 2 coats of WGDGPS then Souvern on top. If later you want to add more WGDGPS then I would use Eraser or a paint cleanser before hand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Is there any issue applying the second coat of sealant about 1 week after the first coat?

Is there any issue applying the second coat of sealant about 1 week after the first coat?

No, but we all would suggest a nice ph safe car wash before hand to ensure the cleanest surface possible. Might I suggest looking into Wolfgang liquid seal. It's a wipe on walk away and is fantastic maintenance for wgdgps.

First off, this is my first post (long time lurker) and I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't first mention how generous and helpful everyone is when it comes to getting the noobs up and running in the right direction. Anyways, it was this thread an a few others about the Wolfgang 3.0 that made me order the product for my Deep Impact Blue 2013 GT500. I also ordered the Fuzion Estate Wax to go over the top of the 3.0

Is this advisable, following a minimum of a 12 hr cure?

My plan was 2 coats of 3.0 with a 12 hr cure between the two, then another 12 hr cure finished with the Fuzion.

First off, this is my first post (long time lurker) and I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't first mention how generous and helpful everyone is when it comes to getting the noobs up and running in the right direction. Anyways, it was this thread an a few others about the Wolfgang 3.0 that made me order the product for my Deep Impact Blue 2013 GT500. I also ordered the Fuzion Estate Wax to go over the top of the 3.0

Is this advisable, following a minimum of a 12 hr cure?

My plan was 2 coats of 3.0 with a 12 hr cure between the two, then another 12 hr cure finished with the Fuzion.

That's the right way to go about it. Then, just top it with Fuzion from time to time. That's a very good combo, and it should look great if the paint is on good shape.

Thank You...I like using the Meguiars Gold Class High Gloss Detailer for in between maintenance. It's worked well over Collinite 845. Would this be advisable over the Fuzion application.

I did WGDGPS 3.0 on my black BMW. I let it cure for 24 hrs, then did a coat of liquid Souveran. I reapply a quick coat of Souveran once a month or two. From what I've seen, it does give a little better shine and is much easier to do a quick coat.

Back