FK425 vs DG Aquawax

Daviddear30

Reaction score
Looking for a great QD. These both have good reviews. Who has used one and loves it?
Anyone used both?
A comparison.

I'm looking for no streaking and some gloss. Added Protection is a plus but that isn't the main concern

Thanks

DG Aquawax isn't a QD but a spray wax. If you're looking for a spray wax, the AW is an awesome product. Doesn't streak at all and AMAZING protection for a spray wax. Same thing can be said to D156 (Meguiar's Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax)\

Are you going to use this to remove light dust or as a drying aid?

Maybe either. Or just something to top off my paint after drying (blower) never used anything as a drying aid

If you're going to use it for that application then a spray wax is more appropriate. I would highly suggest Meguiar's D156 and DG Aquawax. A lot of people also like CG V7. These products will offer you better protection than a QD.

Hope this helps.

Not a fan of FK425, I find it gummy and not exceptionally slick. I LOVE wolfgang instant detail spritz, super slick and glossy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm a big fan of AW. Works great after a wash for a quick shine

I'll say it again...D156 belongs in the detailing products hall of fame. Try using any other spray on product in temperatures below 40 degrees.

I'm not to fond of fk425 myself, I do feel its slick and glossy. I find it to be hard to work with leaves streaks sometimes. It's almost like you need to practice using this qd to make it look good.

I'm not to fond of fk425 myself, I do feel its slick and glossy. I find it to be hard to work with leaves streaks sometimes. It's almost like you need to practice using this qd to make it look good.

I agree it can be tricky. I like Meg's last touch and dg aw. Last touch doesn't get a lot of mention but its awesome and easy work with,

For me it's AW in the winter for the added protection. In the summer it's fk425 for the added shine.

If you are strickly looking for a spray wax, I would go the AW route.

There is a slight learning curve with fk425, it has more of a tendancy to streak than AW IMHO. I find that I use about twice as much AW as I do fk425 for the same surface area.

I haven't used D156, but I have used it's cousin M34 and like that a lot as another very economical option.

To throw a wrench in the mix - i use CG Extreme Synthetic Acrylic Detailer

Chemical Guys Extreme Synthetic Acrylic Detailer 128 oz. Refill, quick detailer, quick detail spray

I'd vote FK425 over this just slightly, and that slight difference could have been due to many different variables when i used the one vs the other (no side-by-side tests).

I did not notice any more 'dust attraction' with CG than FK, just sayin. I've not used this as a drying aid, just as a QD (bird bombs, light dusting/soiling, etc).

Otherwise, as others have stated, D156 is my go-to 'topper' or drying aid/after wash product. So easy - effortless - great shine. AW is pretty fine too. I'm planning on some duragloss after the D156 runs its coarse.

Not kidding, just don't like it when you compare it to something like WG instant detailer or Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

UWW has been my go to after a wash. Very slick; very easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I have both products. Aquawax is actually a spray on wipe off sealant not a wax. To clear up some incorrect information posted here....from Autogeek:
This is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax.

FK425 is a simple Quick Detailer and leaves the surface very slick and shiney as does Aquawax. Both work well but are intended for different purposes/uses entirely. FK425 works miracles on black plastics like mud flaps, door handles, trim, leading edge of exterior mirrors, the cowling beneath the wipers, and so forth as an added benefit.

Aquawax also leaves a superior look & feel but seals as well.

I have never had a problem with either one streaking, not even once. Both have their place and I wouldn't want to give up either one.

I have both products. Aquawax is actually a spray on wipe off sealant not a wax. To clear up some incorrect information posted here....from Autogeek:
This is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax.

FK425 is a simple Quick Detailer and leaves the surface very slick and shiney as does Aquawax. Both work well but are intended for different purposes/uses entirely. FK425 works miracles on black plastics like mud flaps, door handles, trim, leading edge of exterior mirrors, the cowling beneath the wipers, and so forth as an added benefit.

Aquawax also leaves a superior look & feel but seals as well.

I have never had a problem with either one streaking, not even once. Both have their place and I wouldn't want to give up either one.

:xyxthumbs:

Back