What to use to clean and protect

tarheels56

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I would like some suggestions as what to use to clean and protect these wheels that are on a 2010 Toyota Corolla. Sorry about eh directionof the image. Thanks for your help..

You could use opti-coat for a permanent solution or a paint sealant.

've actually used rejex onn my suburban with good success, wasn't sure if I could use it on these. Thanks for the advice.

cheaper yet is a cousin of rejex and that's "nu finish" from the drugstore -actually has ties to the inventor of rejex....dusts like crazy but does work well for wheels

I run Vossens so they get the best - opti coat 2.0!

cheaper yet is a cousin of rejex and that's "nu finish" from the drugstore -actually has ties to the inventor of rejex....dusts like crazy but does work well for wheels

I run Vossens so they get the best - opti coat 2.0!

Thanks, I would just use the best, I'll give opti coat 2.o a try. Thanks for the info..

I use Collinite 476 on all my wheels. It's inexpensive, easy to use and allows me to use the same wash media as the rest of the car, either soap or rinseless. It's tough enough for German car brake dust, so should be fine for a Toyota.

Bill

If the brake dust is not bad I would use a general wheel cleaner like CG Diablo or any PH neutral wheel cleaner. If you have caked on brake dust. I'm a big fan of Royal Brown.
Protecting them a quality sealant will do or an AIO is fine. If it's your personal car. I jack my car up and take them off the car so I can clean the barrels really well and seal the entire rim. It will ensure that the dust has less of a chance caking up and baking in to the rim. Once I do that I usually just need to use car wash and a power washer to clean them up every two weeks. I take them off my personal cars twice a year and scrub and seal them. A sealant will only last so long before it fails but it makes it much easier to keep them clean. Of course when I offer this to a clients car it's extra $. You can only get so much brake dust off a rim. That's why I'm a big fan of Royal Brown. I get maximum results with little effort.

The wheels on our cars are clear coated painted aluminum. I have removed the wheels to clean everywhere. Then used the Klasse twins. Much easier with the wheels removed off the car. The brake dust washes off with the car wash soap and a soft brush. No wheel cleaners are required.

I use Collinite 476 on all my wheels. It's inexpensive, easy to use and allows me to use the same wash media as the rest of the car, either soap or rinseless. It's tough enough for German car brake dust, so should be fine for a Toyota.

Bill

Thank you!!

I would like to thank each of you for taking the time to respond. I will try several of these suggestions and see which one I find which works best for me.

Carpro Hydro2, wet wheel, spray on, rinse, repeat every 2 months...

Back