Any one else love ONR as a window cleaner?

StuDLei

Reaction score
The first time I tried cleaning the inside glass with ONR I was shocked. It's about a million times easier than anything else I had used. For whatever I reason I never had good luck with even Stoner's. If the window is really filthy you might have to do it two or three times but it's almost effortless.

Who's with me on this?

I use Stoners aerosol and it has not failed me yet on filthy or relatively clean windows. That said, I typically will wipe down the windows if I am using ONR. It never hurts.

Ill use it in a pinch if I had to and I have with good results. But nothing beats Meguiars D120 for a glass cleaner.

I use both Stoner's and D120, but if I can't get out of the bright sun, or if it's getting dark, I'll do a final wipe with ONR as insurance against streaking.

Bill

Yep, ONR with Wax works great also. I usually set it up 1:32.

Yep. Threw all my glass cleaners out years ago. Do my house windows too.

ONR has worked where no glass cleaner would. I was just thinking about this the other day and here is your post...

Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere+ too. I love how it puts a coating on the windshield similar to that of Rainx. In fact, it keeps the Rainx application charged and there is no chattering of the wipers. I now use UWWA+ on my glass instead of Stoner's or other glass cleaner.

Only problem is humidity...leaves streaks if you are not careful and this is where other glass cleaners become of benefit. -Ed

I just wash and dry my windows with ONR like the rest of the car. works great and no need for additional cleaning afterwards...

I use the Megs rinseless in the same manner. It's really a versatile product. I've used it to clean interior plastics, tires, polishing residue, bird bombs etc. definitely recommend it, it's a nice product.

ONR has worked where no glass cleaner would. I was just thinking about this the other day and here is your post...

Yeah, I feel the same. I know there were times in the past that I could just not get Stoner's to come out right-- I don't remember what the problems were. It was probably my fault. But ONR baby, no issues whatsoever; it just worked.

I use the Megs rinseless in the same manner. It's really a versatile product. I've used it to clean interior plastics, tires, polishing residue, bird bombs etc. definitely recommend it, it's a nice product.

Used ONR to clean some interiors a bit as well.

Not only ONR but any rinseless washes do a great job for me. I've used ONR, DG rinseless w/AW, DP rinseless, and BF rinseless all with great results.
If they leave your paint clean, glossy and streakless then why would glass be any different.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

I use DG Rain Repel. I am old enough to have used them all along with home made solutions. DG Rain Repel beats them all hands down. I use it inside and outside, guaranteed streak free.

Dave

I use DG Rain Repel. I am old enough to have used them all along with home made solutions. DG Rain Repel beats them all hands down. I use it inside and outside, guaranteed streak free.

Dave

How durable is this stuff on exterior glass? Or do you apply it after every wash?

How durable is this stuff on exterior glass? Or do you apply it after every wash?
Never really checked durability as it does not rain here much. I can tell you it lasts at least a month and weekly washings in temps over 100. Leaves the glass as slick as a freshly sealed body panel. A damp rag with a drying towel works great for cleaning the windows after application, bug guts etc. come off pretty easy. When it does rain I would compare it to Rain-X (only other rain repel I have used). I use it for how effortlessly it leaves a slick streak free window. The wife and daughter use it around the house windows and mirrors instead of Windex etc.

Dave

Back