Help with Microfiber, and trim!

Fiat500

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have washed my Cobra towels a few times now, with nothing else in the washer or drier except the towels. When detailing today, I noticed a ton of small white fabric particles flying everywhere off the towels :o. What do I do??

Finally, I'm new to detailing, and obviously got some wax on my trim. Now, some of the trim had the whitish haze on it. It won't come off as much as I clean it! Any advice on how to get it off? Would some back to black trim cleaner work? I heard leather cleaner works well from another thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For your trim, you could use some apc diluted to help rid the wax I believe. Or you could use trim restorer products.

Did you remember to clean out the lint trap in the dryer?

Wash them again. That should loosen the white stuff. Make sure there's no sources of lint in the dryer, or just air dry them and see how they look.

Jim

Yeah I did. I used heat, though, and am wondering if that caused it.

Yeah I did. I used heat, though, and am wondering if that caused it.

A low or permanent press shouldn't cause any issue. But if you put it on high heat it may have effected it. I say wash it again and check the lint filter before you dry them. Or just air dry them. After I wash though I check each towel for pieces of lint and anything that could've gotten stuck in the fibers before putting them in the dryer.

Back