303 Protectant and water

Buck91

Reaction score
Whats the scoop with the Protectant from 303 Aerospace? I've used it here and there, especially on interior parts but for the most part I'm quite happy with Megs M40. Looking for something that will offer less run-off when things get wet and maybe even something that will last a bit longer between applications.

Will the 303 stuff provide a little better resistance to wash off or is it...a wash?

My favorite is Ultima tire and trim plus. Its a liquid and comes with an applicator. A little goes a long way and there's no run off/streaking!!! Its by far the best trim dressing I have used.
I use 303 on my interior and on my hot tub cover. I won't use it on my trim or tonneau cover. It runs down the paint with rain.

I'm going to try the chemical guys trim stuff and compare it to the 303 we've been using on the trim... Will keep you posted

My favorite is Ultima tire and trim plus. Its a liquid and comes with an applicator. A little goes a long way and there's no run off/streaking!!! Its by far the best trim dressing I have used.
I use 303 on my interior and on my hot tub cover. I won't use it on my trim or tonneau cover. It runs down the paint with rain.

:iagree:303 is a good product, but UTTG lasts much longer.

Just confirmed with a recent customer about 303, and he mentioned as soon as it rained it streaked, so I'd recommend not using it on outside trim.

303 is my favorite protectant for the interior but it runs really bad when it rains. Someone here recommended Duragloss 271 a while back. About 1 month and 7 inches of rain later it looks like I just applied it.

I have found that Duragloss trim products are an outstanding value! I have Meg's M40, 303 and a couple more OTC dressings/protectants. On exterior trim I really like DG 301. I will probably try the Ultima product as well as CarPro Perl in the future based on excellent reviews. But right now I'm happy with DG 301 or 271.

Does anyone use Optimum Protectant for such things? It made my wipers look brand new and has held up for a few weeks with ONR washes (no rain though really). It didn't help some of my buddy's trim much, but it was really gone. I just got a bottle of Optimum tire shine and it says you can use it for anything like trim where you desire a little more gloss. Anyone use that?

I use optimum on my tires. I haven't tried it on my trim because I'm sold on Ultima. I'm not sure there's anything better!!

Uttg hands Down works best on all exterior trim. I stopped using 303 on exterior a while back.

Back