dawn soap/normal wash for polish streaks pre-wax?

manman

Reaction score
I tried all the advice, and for the life of me I cannot end the streaking cycle that I mentioned in this thread

It's not all over the place, but some areas it's bad, and it was just too annoying to try and get them all since all I end up doing is removing some and adding more...

I decided to just ditch the brinkman and move on instead of driving myself crazy. Finished the whole car with TSR, then went at it with WGFG. I was hoping that would pick up the streaks and not end up streaking itself, but I was out of luck there. I'm planning to seal and wax afterwards, but I'm guessing that process won't remove the streaks. Should I wash the car again before I wax? I have a pressure washer and foam cannon, so I I don't have to touch the car too much, but still worried about putting swirls back in. I heard soap like dawn is for stripping chemicals like wax, would that work for me to get rid of the streaks before waxing, or is it a bad Idea? After all that back killing work doing 2-step polishing I don't want to seal over imperfections :(

In my experience, waxing will remove the streaking. But if you are not in such hurry, some pre-wax cleaners work well :)

If there is a lot of polishing dust, might as well wash the car. Car soap is not that strong to remove polish i guess.

Thanks. I'll be using Wolfgang DGPS, and dodo juice supernatural. Anyone else have a Augustin on this? I also have ONR if that would work, but I read that fish soap is good to remove chemicals/residue.

Fish soap? jk, I know what you mean. After polishing my vehicle, I always wash it again with dish soap to get rid of any oils the polish may have left behind. Also, to get rid of any dusting, if any, from between the panels of the vehicle.

Wow, definitely glad I did this. The car looked amazing afterwards, and those streaks weren't a pain in my ass anymore!

Back