Extractor -vs- Wet/Dry Vac?

CleanFlow

Reaction score
I'm looking to spend around $120.

On one hand, I thought of purchasing a Bissell Spot Clean Pro which is made for extracting. It's small, can hold solution, and has a tank for extraction.

But I heard that they're just too small and don't have enough power to get seats mostly dry. After all, cleaning the seats is all in how much of the dirty solution you remove. It does no good to spray and clean if you're just going to leave the dirt there and not suck it out.

On the other hand, I can purchase a wet/dry shop vac for the same price that has twice the HP. Vacmaster has a 12 gallon 5HP wet/dry vac for $90. Sure, it's a lot bigger, but if it can get all the dirty water out and decrease drying time, I'm all for it.

I don't really care about the vac's ability to spray. I have bottles for that. All I care about is suction. What should I do?

I would go with the shop vac.
I love using the extractor but with the cheap ones you get what you pay for.

Totally different needs. The Bissell will clean a lot better than doing it by hand. You can make multiple passes with the Bissell in just vac mode.

wet/dry vac is better for loose dirt

I think I will go wet/dry vac. I am going to purchase a carpet brush for my DA that will help clean. And not only can I use it for extraction, but also sweeping up dirt and gravel. And most have a blower function I can use to help dry the car pre-clay. Now I get to spend countless hours researching the best one.

I just used my bissell little green machine, the black car version. I had huge doubts about not getting the job done today but it proved me wrong. Car's interior looked like new and the client was blown to pieces! The machine basically paid itself right there in that job.

I just used my bissell little green machine, the black car version. I had huge doubts about not getting the job done today but it proved me wrong. Car's interior looked like new and the client was blown to pieces! The machine basically paid itself right there in that job.

I used the Bissell pro heat before I got my Extractor here are some before and after.

the only thing i'm worried about in getting a wet dry vac is not getting boned on buying a junk one.

just getting a standard large vac sounds alright, but can't judge it without testing, need something that can pull like an extractor and simply going by water lift alone i doubt you could make the right choice.

has anyone been completely satisfied with a shop vac's ability to pull dirty scrub water off of seats and carpet? are there any specific shop vac brands that you can get water extractor type heads for to make the job quicker and easier?

i was seriously considering the pf51 before, but not sure if its worth it if i can get the same effect from one that comes with more universal attachments.

Back