Duramaid 1600 or mytee lite II?

Moneyz

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new extractor, preferably one that can also be plugged into standard 15 amp circuit so I don't always have to run my generator. Any advice on these units, will either of them work on 15 amp or do they require more? What are the strengths and weaknesses of these units in your personal experience of owning or using one vs the other. Thanks for any help.

I have a new Mytee lite II. Bought it in dec and started using it may. I operate a mobile detailing biz and have had about 70 or so jobs.

I love it but....it blows the vac switch. I'm on my third one. I use my generator for it (a $400 Champion 3000 watt) but have plugged in on occasion no problem. The other issue I've experienced recently is the pump shutting off (overheating) but not sure why.

It's an awesome unit. I will say with those issues, Nathan at Mytee has been great. They sent me multiple switches in case it happens again and a wand tip to help in diagnosing the issue with my pump.

I bought it during boxing week for $595. Can't be beat. It sells for $1,000 plus here in Canada. I want another one. A just in case machine.

You have enough solution to do the entire car or truck.

While I vacuum the vehicle with my shop vac I heat up a 5 gallon bucket with the genny and a bucket heater. I pour it in the mytee lite and it's hot n ready to rock n roll.

While I vacuum the vehicle with my shop vac I heat up a 5 gallon bucket with the genny and a bucket heater. I pour it in the mytee lite and it's hot n ready to rock n roll.

Um...how come you don't use the heater in the Mytee Lite? Or is that the one that tells you that you have to use 140°F water?

I do.

It's just that if you put already warm or even hot water in it then there's no waiting 10-15 mins for it to heat up the water, its ready and the Mytee lite only has to bring it up a few degrees from hot.

I also find that I never run out the way I used to by putting cold water it in.

Back