Need urgent help, stain original console.

t-topTA

Reaction score
I just open the door few mins ago and saw a glass of ice water left from my 4 yr old niece sitting on the console..i was so afraid to take it off and find out what was under it..and it there it was a nightmare that I never thought ever would happen after taking care of it so many yrs. there is a perfect circle in the console it looks dull and like I dunno how to describe it.. im just over whelmed and dunno what to do to et it off. I tried soap and water but I thought how is that helping if water saturated it. What can I do. I would take a photo just I really cant now just so shocked :-( what can I do? is there way to get rid of this ball shape stain. Only way describe it is , a perfect black glossy interior with a dull baseball shape stain above the shifter and cb radio. any help is appreciated.
I will see if I can post it on the photo bucket I tried on here few times and never no luck.
kandyamtransam's Library | Photobucket

Are these the pictures?

102_07671_zps24a16855.jpg

102_07701_zps0d103302.jpg

102_07531_zps4135cf6b.jpg

^^^Nice vehicle!!^^^
Sorry this had to happen. :(

I'm sure the good folks here at AGO will be getting back with you shortly...

Bob

ochie.... I understand how you feel, Question was there dressing where the water ring stain formed? If ir was the dressing has disappeared therefore i would clean the surrounding area around the stain the redress it with 3 or 4 coats that way it can absorb the dressing and blend it,now if its leather you can do the same method just with leather conditioner

Yes these the photos, thank you for that. I dressed it with meguiars supreme shine around 6pm i shut the door around 1030 . The glass sat on the console overnight. Got home from work around 2 and saw the damage. Didn't pay attention to look in llike always do.

If ir was the dressing has disappeared therefore i would clean the surrounding area around the stain
the redress it with 3 or 4 coats that way it can absorb the dressing and blend it,

now if its leather you can do the same method just with leather conditioner
^^^Good Suggestions!^^^

@OP...
Do you have any 303 AP, or other similar "dressing"?

Bob

No just have megiuars and mothers brands just got small bottle of griots interior cleaner few days ago from advance autos they just started carrying griot brand here. I used it on the spot and did couple applications and spot is gone now. Guess I worried too much I guess. Was a scary experience. Will post photos when can.

thanks for the help put car cover on the car for the night. decided to watch the auto auction. I do appreciate the help. As mention used the griots interior cleaner, but before I did that I used lil dab of meguiars car shampoo and cleaned it and dried it quickly then used the griots, then applied 3 applications of dressing. Maybe went overkill on it, but wanted to get it done right. Find out if it shows up again when I get off tomorrow.

Quick question is ,Has this happen to anyone else before and has it ever reappeared ?

Yep, this is no biggie. I have cleaned dozens of interior. Dressed with hyper dressing and had it rain on the doors. Those spots will show up. I will just dry the interior and apply the dressing thick. Dont wipe it, let it sit and absorb for awhile. Then wipe and wait. It will go away. No worries.

Back