Car Pro Tar-X question

GOATMAN06

Reaction score
I have Car pro Tar-X and the first bottle I got was great stuff and am really impressed with it, its along the same product lines as obliterate from AF. The issue I have is that the first bottle needs to be shaken once in awhile to mix it up. The new bottle I just received after shaken you can literally watch the chemicals separate and drop to the bottom on the bottle in seconds. I was reading the product reviews on autogeek the other day on the tar-x and someone else wrote the exact same thing. I was going to buy the big refill size but i'm afraid now and possible want to try the obliterate instead.. Also the first bottle was more of a darker green compared to this new bottle which is lighter and looks more diluted? Anyone else have this issue? thanks.

Are you sure the new bottle isn't Trix? Trix is Iron X and Tar X mixed basically? Does it smell like Citrus or does it smell like citrus(Tar X) hair perm solution(TRIX)?

Are you sure the new bottle isn't Trix? Trix is Iron X and Tar X mixed basically? Does it smell like Citrus or does it smell like citrus(Tar X) hair perm solution(TRIX)?
I defiantly have Tar-x I have never tried Trix.

If you can find Avi, he would answer your questions then.

Try sending him a PM

Mine needs to be shaken every time I use it. I haven't timed how long it takes to settle but one shake will last the time it takes me to get to all the spots on the car that need it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

When I read threads of this nature I can't help but wonder what products look like in opaque bottles ??

When I read threads of this nature I can't help but wonder what products look like in opaque bottles ??
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean but Tar-x is in a crystal clear bottle like glass that you can see through perfectly, One is a darker green more concentrated than the other and like the above poster mentioned just like my first bottle you only shake it once and it is good for the whole time you use it. the second bottle is not like that at all. just questioning one bottle to another, there is defiantly a difference, Thanks for the solid help!!:dblthumb2:

If you are worried about the looks or the green part that settles, don't worry. They actually do nothing chemically and are just there as a visual aid(put in there so you completely rinse all the Tar X off paintwork) So maybe that can vary from bottle to bottle but certainly nothing I would worry about.

I talked with Avi and he was a great help. I sent him some pics of both bottles and he confirms what he says after seeing the pics. Here is his response, Hi Bob, most likely its only less fluorescent color additive we use inside that you get, not changed really the active materials, we had some complains that the color is too strong and it stick to the paint , so we had to reduce the color powder.

Thanks for the great help to all who answered, and some of you were right as to what the issue was. Thanks Bob.:dblthumb2:

Back