is warranty needed for Opticoat pro application?

kirpal

Reaction score
hello
i am getting opticoat pro done from a detailer. He seemed nice and has experience. He is offering me $200 more to provide me the warranty which includes that i have to take the vehicle to him ( or other opticoat certified folks) every year where he does the "mini detail" and checks to see if he opticoat held up in all places and reapplies when and if needed (this applicaiton is free for me!). This mini detail costs me $100 every annual visit. is this really worth the money? what happens if i don't take it every year?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I am also a certified Opti Coat Pro installer and everything your saying is normal. Per the warranty guidelines a thorough wash, decontamination and inspection of the coating must be performed annually by a certified installer in your area annually. If it is not the warranty will be voided and you would have paid that extra money for nothing.

I am also a certified Opti Coat Pro installer and everything your saying is normal. Per the warranty guidelines a thorough wash, decontamination and inspection of the coating must be performed annually by a certified installer in your area annually. If it is not the warranty will be voided and you would have paid that extra money for nothing.

Ninja EDIT: Chris just confirmed the warranty being voided if you don't do the annual inspections. ;)

I don't offer the warranty as being part time I can't handle maintenance details. You should be able to get it with or without the warranty, but that may vary depending on the installer.

Back