What to use after maintenance wash

RJS5689

Reaction score
I put the second coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant on my car today. Tomorrow I will coat that with a layer of Dodo Juice Purple Haze. I was wondering what the best product to use after my maintenance washes would be. Is it best I use a spray wax because of the Dodo Juice wax as the current top layer? Or should I use a spray sealant, which will provide better protection for my daily driver? Maybe it doesn't matter whether I use a spray sealant or spray wax on top after my maintenance washes?

So far I'm really happy with how my car is looking. I want to keep this daily driven, street parked car looking as best I can.

Chemical Guys V7 seems to be a popular choice.

I have been using it myself and am impressed.

I have not used anything else to compare though.

I was thinking of Pinnacle Souveran spray wax, Optimum Spray Car Wax, and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant. I'll also look into the CG V7 and DG Aquawax. I suppose it doesn't matter if I use a wax or sealant, then?

I take it you're finishing with a wax (Purple Haze) for a reason so I'd maintain it with a spray wax for the same reason.......the Pinnacle seems to be the best fit in my thought process.

I was thinking of Pinnacle Souveran spray wax, Optimum Spray Car Wax, and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant. I'll also look into the CG V7 and DG Aquawax. I suppose it doesn't matter if I use a wax or sealant, then?
The old saying, "wax over sealant".

Welp it looks like I'll be maintaining with a spray wax, then. To be honest, I'm not sure why I chose to finish my sealant with a wax. I suppose I just wanted that extra layer of protection, since my car is daily driven.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welp it looks like I'll be maintaining with a spray wax, then. To be honest, I'm not sure why I chose to finish my sealant with a wax. I suppose I just wanted that extra layer of protection, since my car is daily driven.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've never tried it as I've been useing straight sealant from years, but many people say throwing a good wax over the top of a sealant gives you the best of both worlds. The durability of the sealant with the great shine you can only get from a wax.

Hey RJS5689,

So far I've only been using Pinnacle Signature paste wax on my cars but I plan to use a sealer for the added protection just before the winter season here in the city. I've also heard, it's the wax layer that gives the shine that added warmth and depth especially on darker colors. I have metallic silver and a deeper metallic maroon vehicle. The maroon's finish appears so much richer than the lighter silver though both cars are treated exactly the same. I would agree to dress the sealer with a wax over it. I certainly plan to as well this season.

elliot

I put a coat of wax for my customers who come by weekly for a maintenance washes. There cars already have 3 coats of power lock on them.When winter comes I just put sealant on there cars cause wax is kinda pointless here in seattle with the crappy weather all winter.

Back