I want a Tornador but><<<???

stilltipping3

Reaction score
I don't have a big enough compressor for a Tornador and really want to buy one. Should I? Do I need it? I have gotten by so far but it looks so cool! What to do?Im the MAN

I don't have a big enough compressor for a Tornador and really want to buy one. Should I? Do I need it? I have gotten by so far but it looks so cool! What to do?Im the MAN

I've seen a couple air compressors on craigslist that will power a tornador for a decent price. At least 5 scfm @ 90psi with a 25-30 gallon tank is my goal. I think the newer tornador will work on a lessor compressor but I want to use other pneumatic tools, too.

The Black is the one to get. cost more but requires less CFM. You may be able to pick up a cheap compressor on CList to power it. It will need to be larger then a pancake. If you are currently detailing with out air I would suggest getting one as it has so many uses. I just made a video on my FB page demonstrating some things I use air for. There is an older video on there showing me using a Tornador for smoke removal.
I dont use my Tornador as much now since i use a steamer, but it still has some great uses.

The Black is the one to get. cost more but requires less CFM. You may be able to pick up a cheap compressor on CList to power it. It will need to be larger then a pancake. If you are currently detailing with out air I would suggest getting one as it has so many uses. I just made a video on my FB page demonstrating some things I use air for. There is an older video on there showing me using a Tornador for smoke removal.
I dont use my Tornador as much now since i use a steamer, but it still has some great uses.

I like ur FB page. Ur funny!!!

Autogeek told me that the Black requires 9+cfm and the classic requires 5 cfm.

I would go to the manufacture for the stats. They designed the black with a enclosed bearing to reduce friction and require less air.

Macomb Dents & Details: Car Detailing and Paintless Dent Removal
www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Talked to three different people today. Rep from autogeek told me the above. Nick told me that 5 cfm would be fine. I was told by three other people from distributors and detail king that they manufacturer states 4.5cfm is fine.

:o

Yes that is correct. Tornador is a wonderful tool and one of my favorites, but they suck air, I mean a lot of air.

Tornador rocks your socks, especially if you deal with a lot of nasty interiors.

If you are a part timer that doesn't do much interior work its probably not for you unless you just want a cool toy.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

I think that may be backwards. The Black definitely takes less air pressure and works great. I can't speak to how small a compressor you can get by with because I have a large compressor that delivers 5.8 CFM at 90 psi.

If you want my compressor advise. Stay away from those Craftsman oil less vibrators. I had one and literally gave it away. I bought a belt driven oiled compressor and it's much quieter and is dual voltage. I have a 220v 50amp outlet in my garage so I can use my MiG welder or the compressor. It's great running on 220. Doesn't bog down and the lights don't dim when it turns on. I got mine from Lowes and changed the oil with Amsoil as soon as I got it. One of the better purchases I've made. Kinda wish I bought a 60 gallon one instead.

Nick told me today 4.5cfm. Same thing detail king guy said.

They recommend 4.5 for either classic or black.

Nick told me today 4.5cfm. Same thing detail king guy said.

They recommend 4.5 for either classic or black.

Ok this will be my last reply to this. Im not sure about the numbers that people are giving you, but I owned both and tell you beyond any shadow of a doubt that the black takes less air. It was designed for that purpose and to decrease its need for maintenance.

Its not opinion or second hand knowledge.

I apologize for this post, i dont want the wrong info out there. But its no reason for me to be rude.

Last edited:
It's not the wrong info when it's coming straight from the manufacturer.

Bill at Detail King called them to confirm at they said they recommend 4.5cfm for both guns.

Back