Ivory carnauba worse or just as good as #1?

Thejoyofdriving

Reaction score
I heard some where that ivory carnauba is worse than #1 because the chemicals used are harsh and they actually strip the wax of some of its good oils. I have also heard ivory is just as good as #1, and that you cant tell the diffrence. I was just wondering if some one could shed some light on this.

this is a hot subject to say the least, in talking to the AG chemist it is the same product but refined an extra step meaning better in some ways. Removing the color and some impurities makes for a nicer final look or so I am told. The chemist also emphatically denys using bleach or chlorine which some nut on Autogeek is always preaching. (course he sells a competing product)

Thejoyofdriving said:
I heard some where that ivory carnauba is worse than #1 because the chemicals used are harsh and they actually strip the wax of some of its good oils. I have also heard ivory is just as good as #1, and that you cant tell the diffrence. I was just wondering if some one could shed some light on this.
Are you from Megs forum? Because that's what they are preaching about.
Ivory carnauba is outstanding quality. Why don't you try some Souveran paste for yourself, and go a side/by side comparison with #1 yellow carnauba?

souveron smells so good. I am really tempted to eat it. Any of you guys ever taken a little taste? I want to get after it with a spoon, was gettin really hungry.

paradog said:
is souveran yellow? looks like...well...light brown

Souveran actually uses white (ivory) carnauba. Because of this and being hand poured in small batches its price is higher than several other offerings. Most carnaubas are #1 yellow. CC 50/50 and Petes are also Ivory as well as several high end Zymol offerings like Destiny.

I seriously doubt the manufacturers or chemists are going to offer proprietary information as to their blend / bleaching / manufacturing process.

I figured its a big forum, there must be someone here that knows about this, dont you think.

Thejoyofdriving said:
I figured its a big forum, there must be someone here that knows about this, dont you think.

They scare the yellow out of it, then it turns white :D

geoffrey_bodine_s_waxing_frenzy_.html_txt_101_2105.gif

geoffrey_bodine_s_waxing_frenzy_.html_txt_Copy%20of%20101_2101.gif

my eyes tell me it looks a little different. Cannot tell how its made or refined !

supercharged said:
Are you from Megs forum? Because that's what they are preaching about.
Ivory carnauba is outstanding quality. Why don't you try some Souveran paste for yourself, and go a side/by side comparison with #1 yellow carnauba?

Yup he is the kid who will not polish his paint becuase he believes BMW has such soft clear that he will damage it if he so much as uses a cleaner wax.

bwm soft clear coat my left foot!!! i detail a 745il monthly and have used 360 on it and its freaking beautiful!!! who cares what this cat thinks... he needs to get a clue

Thejoyofdriving said:

dude most of all of us are "detailers" not chemists... for all we know they could add food coloring to white and get yellow. use what you think works, don't sweat the small stuff

Back