SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED!...."How its made" TV show!

Klasse Act

Reaction score
So I DVR'd the episode about the new 911, its slowly growing on me and thought it would be interesting...and it was! Then came the end of the show where they recapped the main points about the new 911 and they said, quote, "the 3.4 litre VEE SIX engine"....are you freakin' kidding me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

If you really want a flat six you can always get a Subaru.

No....the engine is still a flat 6, they even showed how the FLAT SIX was being put together, LOL!

More alarming was the fact that the car gets dipped 3x in corrosion resistant primer, gets 6 base coats and then only 2 coats of clear!

Absolutely no comparison other than the fact that they both use boxer engines. I used to own a WRX and that was the most disappointing car over ever owned. Complete ends of the spectrum in terms of quality.

Common mistake it happens.

The car has been in production since 1964, almost 50 yrs and is very unique, like the engine still being in the rear and that engine has always been a boxer style.

Along the same lines, it's amazing how many BMW salesmen will tell you that their cars are equiped with V-6's.

It's amazing how people can be hired to sell, document, etc a product and not be required to have ANY knowledge of the topic at hand.

I caught that too. They do mention a little later that its either a flat six or a boxer engine.

Along the same lines, it's amazing how many BMW salesmen will tell you that their cars are equiped with V-6's.

It's amazing how people can be hired to sell, document, etc a product and not be required to have ANY knowledge of the topic at hand.

I find that is true pretty much everywhere I go. When I want to buy something I always do tons of research on it. I'm an OC nerd, what can I do? Anyways, when I talk to sales people, they never know anything about what I want to buy. Same apply to service professionnals. I don't know how many times I have spoken with graphic artists that knew less than I do about the technical aspects of documents. How can you be a graphic artist and not know what a DPI is, or compression ratios for file formats, or even file format themselves??? It's crazy!

I know your were being sarcastic, but a V 180º is not a boxer :props:

At the risk of this suddenly becoming way off topic, what would the difference be? Cyclinder head design? If the pistons are horizontally opposed I think I'd call it a "flat" or "boxer" engine.

I can't believe I missed them saying this! Ha! My wife always thinks it's funny that I always know more about the cars and/or products we are getting ready to buy than the salesman! I have a friend who is a very succesful car salesman and he HATES cars! :)

At the risk of this suddenly becoming way off topic, what would the difference be? Cyclinder head design? If the pistons are horizontally opposed I think I'd call it a "flat" or "boxer" engine.

Google tangential treatise #4.
Sorry I don't know how to provide links.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"True boxers have each crankpin controlling only one piston/cylinder while 180° engines, which superficially appear very similar, share crankpins"

Boxer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_g_K0nyGHQ]Flat engine animation compilation - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicGnmUJA78]Subaru Boxer engine in motion - YouTube[/video]

V:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dbUGtfbF74]V type engine animation compilation - YouTube[/video]

Back