PDA

View Full Version : Meg's UQD vs Aquawax in rain

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Al-53
06-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Today when I cam e out from work I had a big SeaGull bomb on my hood....I had no QD in the truck as I took it out to refill it and never put it back...

So I headed to Autozone to get something since I have 45 minute drive home and no telling how long it has been there....

Now Friday I tried a sealant Orngez sent me to try out..Jetseal 109....I did AW to the hood the next day....

Well today I just did half the hood with the megs where the bomb was..and left AW on since it looked like a storm coming in...good time to test ...

I took some spring water I had and pre soaked the bomb to soften it some....I wiped it off with a MF ...now I sprayed the half hood with UQD,...that sprayed needs to be fixed or replaced..to fine and most blows off in the air....need to rebottle it in a new sprayer I have....

Ok its been 7 hours since I put the Meg's UQD on and it started to pour out....I went out to see how the water was shedding off the hood....well I will let you see the results.....the AW is 3 days old Meg's 7 hours old...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/Spray%20wax/IMG_6402.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/Spray%20wax/IMG_6401.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i183/Al-53/Spray%20wax/IMG_6400.jpg

the sheeting action of the UQD does not look like sheeting....plus the beading of the AW looks tighter ....

AL

Pats300zx
06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Great test Al. I am interested in trying the Megs UD as well. Its surprises me that you didn't have a "Duragloss Emergency Pack" in the car.... :D

Truls
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Nice test Al, ill stick with the AW, AW and me are like twins now.....

orngez
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
megs UQD is amazing when fresh...but has low durability both time and exposure wise...rain will eventually win the battle and begin washing it off....also remeber that UQD does have mild cleaners on it so it does begin to degrade your lsp...AW adds to whatever is already on the paint...

Al-53
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
megs UQD is amazing when fresh...but has low durability both time and exposure wise...rain will eventually win the battle and begin washing it off....also remeber that UQD does have mild cleaners on it so it does begin to degrade your lsp...AW adds to whatever is already on the paint...

can not get any fresher than 7 hours old...lol....I was hoping to see the paint looking water free like the videos..but not the case...you think a hours worth of rain depleted it...if so thats bad....

Al

Gary Sword
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice test AL. It does look like the AW has more beads. I hate those seagulls. I have a neighbor who feeds them. She's a real nut case.

orngez
06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
yup...when i had a tester bottle of UQD i put my hoze nozzle on super mist mode and sprayed a test panel of my car for thirty minutes (dont worry i collected all the water in a drip pan and watered my plants with it :) )....and by the end of the test the uqd was completely diminished.....the paint no longer had its slickness and was no longer "hydrophobic"...

ehuth1
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Thats it I'm getting some DG AW! :)

Jimmie
06-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks Al. That was a good test to see. Yeah, if it was like their video that side would be almost dry. That one may get scratched from the list. More AW for me.

dengood1
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
AW is definitely more of an LSP type product rather than a QD, which the Meg's is. Did you try to "sheet" the water off the hood with a hose and low pressure? Might be interesting to see which side "sheets" more? Who knows? I agree with you about the sprayer.......I've already moved mine into another bottle.

I think I'll stick to AW too;)

We knew AW was an awesome product......looks better...cheaper too!!

Al-53
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I did not get the UQD to sheet water from a hose...lol....I can sheet water on plain polished paint with a hose...I want it to sheet water from the elements....I wanted to see my hood sorta dry in the down pour...and after it....

AL

dengood1
06-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I did not get the UQD to sheet water from a hose...lol....I can sheet water on plain polished paint with a hose...I want it to sheet water from the elements....I wanted to see my hood sorta dry in the down pour...and after it....

AL

Gotcha;)

richy
06-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I have not yet been able to buy any DG products and was considering UQD. Thanks very much for that enlightening test. Now I don't have to worry about getting the Meg's!

Surfer
06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Still love AW, but was going to buy some UQD ater seeing that video of it, guess it had a little hype? I was expecting it to just bead and sheet the water right off which as Scott (Killr) said on his thread would be awsome like somehwere here in FL where out of nowhere it can storm, and 10 minutes later its 90 degrees out and sun blarring baking waterspots on.

I think its available otc right, might just run by tomorrow and grab it and try....kinda dissapointed, was really expecting it to sheet right off.

joe.p
06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Megs new product looks to be a QDer on steroid..its clear that the AW is beading better with much tighter beads..it would nice if Megs would start Marketing their products for the entusuaist along with pro detatailers in mind rather then the average person..

AL,nice review keep us posted