Cleaning wheel wells?

eyost

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering what your favorite product/technique is for cleaning wheel wells. A recent drive has picked up a lot of clay and dirt under the wells.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ed

I use megs apc+ diluted share 50/50 and dawn with fender well brushes. I

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Meg's APC+ with the mother fender well brush. Certainly a must purchase I m ow wish I would have gotten mine sooner.

With a pressure washer:

Rinse
APC+ 1:1
agitate with wheel well brush or Daytona wheel brush on low profiles
Rinse
Let dry
Dress with megs hyper dressing 1:1

Rinseless:
Spray with APC+ 1:1, let dwell 1-2 minutes
Agitate with wheel well brush dipped in ONR
Wipe down with old towels
Check for thoroughness. Repeat if needed.
Let dry
Dress with megs hyper 1:1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Pretty much the same as everyone else....

APC (I use various brands, nearly any quality one will work)
Daytona speed master pro brush ( works on my SUV and lowered car with hardly any fender gap where other brushes won't fit)

Any good APC, brush, and Wheel Woolie. Followed up with Optimum No Rinse and a old MF towel. Then a dressing of your choice.

ONR works excellent on plastic under carriage trim pieces.

Rinse down, spray APC, let it dwell, scrub with a fender brush, rinse again, allow to dry, dress with an undercarriage dressing of your choice!

I use meg's D103 APC+ at 10:1 with a wheel woolie since my car is lowered I can't use a wheel well brush.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. This is why I love this forum; quality answers from experienced folks.

Ed

A normal wash will get them reasonably clean but you will need to use an APC and a microfiber towel to really get them really clean especially if they are molded plastic types with little recesses, etc. I will then apply something like Ultima Trim and Tire guard get them darker.

Back