Aio ?

Conman50

Reaction score
What is the best one step or AIO product to use with a flex 3401 ? Feed back please

Aio

What is the best one step or AIO product to use with a flex 3401 ?Feed back please

There's really no need to multiply post these questions in different sub-forums.

There's really no need to multiply post these questions in different sub-forums.

That's right, I think others besides Mike can reply in the "Ask the Expert" sub forum as well as Mike.

Duplicating these threads just causes someone at AG more work and more headaches. I think I saw Mike send one of the OP's threads to the Admin's corner because it was a duplicate just this morning. I hadn't had my coffee yet at that point but I'm pretty sure Mike asked him in that thread not to make duplicate threads on the same subject...

Re: Aio

What is the best one step or AIO product to use with a flex 3401 ?Feed back please

That is a great question.

AIOs are available in different cleaning abilities, the range is from medium cleaning, to light cleaning to very light cleaning.

There used to be aggressive AIOs in the automotive world back when single stage paints were standard but they've all disappeared because they're so aggressive they leave the paint looking scoured.

I'd say the least aggressive would be a product like Klasse AIO as it's non-abrasive and I'd call this a very light AIO.

GPS by Optimum is very light also but does contain light abrasives.

Pinnacle XMT 360 is light and contains micro-abrasives.

Products like Meguiar's D151 and M66 are medium AIOs and really about as aggressive as you want to get if you want the ability to leave a nice looking finish on most paint systems.

I'd suggest picking up more than one so you can do some testing and use the least aggressive product to get the job done AND leave the nicest looking finish.

The issue I've seen with doing one-steps to black and dark colored clear coats is the AIOs, as good as they are tend to leave micro-marring or haze in the paint.

Lots of variables though, like paint hardness and paint softness, pad type, etc.

That's why it's a good idea to have a couple different types so you can test.

Hope that helps...

:)

I've had great success using Pinnacle XMT 360 with the FLEX XC3401.

Rebirth of a Daily Driver - Oxidized Corolla

BEFORE
IMG_5481.JPG

DURING
IMG_5500.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

AFTER
IMG_5536.JPG

Sorry, Mike. In the last when people talking about AIO. I thought you recommended Duragloss #501?

Duplicating these threads just causes someone at AG more work and more headaches.

It's not so much more work it just causes confusion.

Good Netiquette is to pick one forum "group" and post a single thread for a single topic.

I've merged the two threads together.

No harm, no foul, just a learning curve to proper forum netiquette...

:xyxthumbs:

Sorry, Mike. In the last when people talking about AIO. I thought you recommended Duragloss #501?

I've done one extreme makeover to a 2003 Honda where we used Duragloss products.

Here's that thread...

Pictures & Videos: 2003 Honda Civic Extreme Makeover - Duragloss

Side-by-Side Test
CoralsHonda014.jpg

CoralsHonda015.jpg

CoralsHonda016.jpg

The 10 @ 10 Technique for picking up a bead of product...
CoralsHonda017.jpg

CoralsHonda018.jpg

CoralsHonda019.jpg

CoralsHonda020.jpg

CoralsHonda021.jpg

Always remove tape by pulling back at a low angle, don't remove tape by pulling it "up" and away from the paint...
(Don't ask me how I know)
CoralsHonda022.jpg

Not perfect but a dramatic improvement...
CoralsHonda023.jpg

CoralsHonda024.jpg

CoralsHonda025.jpg

I don't have a standard or normal recommendation for any one single AIO. In fact just the opposite. As I posted above, I think a person should have a few AIOs on hand and test them all and use the least aggressive product to get the job done AND use the one that leaves the nicest looking finish.

Here's my favorite one-step detail just because the car is ultra rare, the results were phenomenal and I made good money.

How to use a one-step cleaner/wax to maximize profits

:)

That is a great question.

AIOs are available in different cleaning abilities, the range is from medium cleaning, to light cleaning to very light cleaning.

There used to be aggressive AIOs in the automotive world back when single stage paints were standard but they've all disappeared because they're so aggressive they leave the paint looking scoured.

I'd say the least aggressive would be a product like Klasse AIO as it's non-abrasive and I'd call this a very light AIO.

GPS by Optimum is very light also but does contain light abrasives.

Pinnacle XMT 360 is light and contains micro-abrasives.

Products like Meguiar's D151 and M66 are medium AIOs and really about as aggressive as you want to get if you want the ability to leave a nice looking finish on most paint systems.

I'd suggest picking up more than one so you can do some testing and use the least aggressive product to get the job done AND leave the nicest looking finish.

The issue I've seen with doing one-steps to black and dark colored clear coats is the AIOs, as good as they are tend to leave micro-marring or haze in the paint.

Lots of variables though, like paint hardness and paint softness, pad type, etc.

That's why it's a good idea to have a couple different types so you can test.

Hope that helps...

Thanks mike ...:xyxthumbs:

FWIW, Optimum GPS always works well for me. Its just seems to be a good mix. It also works well by hand on parts a machine can't get to. Its the only AIO I use.

Back