BMW Platnuim Bronze Metallic

warrior151

Reaction score
All, so after I cursed trying to make a Titanium Silver BMW pop....I traded it in for a Platnuim Bronze Metallic one...now I am cursing this one. Understand darker colors Pop better than lighter colors...I tried the following on the car to get it shine:

Washed (2 bucket of course)
Clayed
Paint corrected some very minor imperfections (Megs 205)
Polished with V36 and V38
Blacklight was next
Then hard candy DODO Juice wax

Not bad shine but it does not have that "WOW" factor...I have seen some of the work on this forum and maybe it is just my technique/materials

Any suggestions/combinations for lighter metallics?

Feed back please

Thanks in advance....

So one "trick" that really helps show off lighter colored vehicles is looking at them in the best lighting.

Bright sunlight is going to be way overpowering for lighter colored cars and you will not get an idea of their true gloss and depth, but they will surely glow and be very bright. I have found the best way to show off a lighter color car is on an overcast day or at dawn/dusk. This lower light reduces the overpowering effect that the paint has in bright light and really brings out the gloss.

If you're not happy with that, then it sounds like you are expecting too much out of your paint.

Can you provide pics of your car and/or pics of some other work that you have seen that you are hoping to make your vehicle look like?

Post some pics. I have a car in the same color and it wows me when it's clean and waxed, but my standards may be lower than yours. :)

Will do later today....cant do much on ummm company time!!

Not bad shine but it does not have that "WOW" factor...I have seen some of the work on this forum and maybe it is just my technique/materials

Perhaps it is just your photo editing technique...or lack thereof in your eyeballs when you look at your car. Many of the "WOW" photos seen on car detailing forums have been tweaked with Photoshop etc. for maximum effect.

Here is the photo of the BMW...sorry about the poor lighting but I also included a pic of my jeep in the same poor lighting and it seems to have nice deep gloss. Like to hear what others use to get lighter metallics to "pop"...

Thanx in advance....

Here is the photo of the BMW...sorry about the poor lighting but I also included a pic of my jeep in the same poor lighting and it seems to have nice deep gloss. Like to hear what others use to get lighter metallics to "pop"...

It's going to be hard to get a brown car to "pop" when reflecting a brown surface (the ground). Maybe you could get a picture where what's reflected is better illuminated and not the same color as the car. That said, it does seem to have less "pop" than expected. My car hasn't been washed in 3 weeks, hasn't been polished in ages, and only gets OCW as a wax and seems glossier in person than what I see in your picture. I'll try to get a good pic later.

I have several waxes/sealants (Pinnacle, WG, CG) gonna try different combos to see which one looks best...on the Jeep pic I used DODO J and it looks awesome...in both day and night...

All, so after I cursed trying to make a Titanium Silver BMW pop....I traded it in for a Platnuim Bronze Metallic one...now I am cursing this one. Understand darker colors Pop better than lighter colors...I tried the following on the car to get it shine:

Washed (2 bucket of course)
Clayed
Paint corrected some very minor imperfections (Megs 205)
Polished with V36 and V38
Blacklight was next
Then hard candy DODO Juice wax

Any suggestions/combinations for lighter metallics?

Feed back please

Thanks in advance....

Your best "POP" will be after you did the 205...
If you not seeing it then ....everything else is for naught

Mike

Your best "POP" will be after you did the 205...
If you not seeing it then ....everything else is for naught

Mike

^Agreed... the vast majority of the work comes in proper prep. LSP only adds subtle visual differences to properly polished paint IMO (compared to the dramatic difference that polishing makes).

There a 3 simple rules...

1) Fix defects...after this , hopefully it will never be done again

2) Apply coating ...something that can last a long time

3) Most important...maintenance- correct washing method

The least amount of times you touch the paint the better it will be
..if you have an OCD for every little dust particle ....I feel sorry for you and your paint :)

mike

:xyxthumbs:Thanks all...will try the solutions this weekend...woohoo!! time in the garage...gotta love it!

Don

Back