PDA

View Full Version : [Newbie] Need Help Rounding Out Detailing Collection

nuclfusion
09-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Morning! We just purchased a 2014 Honda Odyssey a few weeks ago and with the new car smell, the new car detailing energy has been pretty high. We let our last two cars go unfortunately (one sold and other has clear coat failure) so we'd like to avoid that at all possible this time around.

Eventually, I'll be replacing our other old car but for now we'll focus on keeping the Odyssey the shiniest, more kick butt minivan in Tampa Bay. The Odyssey has been Opti Coat 2.0ed for added protection.

I'd like to elicit suggestions from the forum on what to round out my small, but growing collection of car detailing toys.

Interior:
- No detailing products on hand
- Leather seats with Weathertech floor liners

Exterior:
- Foamaster II
- Meguiar Wash/Wax Gold
- Meguiar 205 Polishing
- DA drill attachment
- IronX
- Grit Guards
- Cobra Guzzler 20 x 40 (x1)
- Opti Coat 2.0 (about 7-8 ccs left)
- Meguiar Clay Bar / Quik Detailer
- Various Autotech microfiber applicators/towels/mitts

For the exterior, I'd like to grab the larger Cobra Guzzler, perhaps ONR, a good wash mitt, a Speed Master brush, and some sort of tire/wheel cleaner. I'm thinking of grabbing a bottle of Maxi Suds for the Foamaster to replace the Meguiar wash I'm using now.

For the interior, I'd like to grab a leather conditioner/cleaner/protector, glass cleaner, and any other random items.

Anything else I've missed? Too excited too soon? Thanks! Feed back please

nuclfusion
09-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Before I pull the trigger, I'd like to see if my shopping list makes sense.

In cart I have:

ONR
18 inch wheel woolie
Second guzzler towel
CG honeydew for Foamaster ii
D103 for interior/leather wipe down
D120 glass
Supreme microfiber jr for interior cleaning

Still looking for a good interior vent/detailing brush. I may throw in a wash mitt as the one I currently have came from a local auto store. Thanks!

swanicyouth
09-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Leather Seats? Try the new Chemical Guy's Leather Serum. It smells like actual real leather and can protect a long time. I used it last night and really like it. Just apply sparingly and clean well first.

KS_Detailing
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Pick up some all purpose cleaner along with some good protectant for the interior. A few good microfiber towels too:props: