PDA

View Full Version : Leather cleaner and conditioner.

Pages : [1] 2

Gsrjake
10-01-2013, 11:00 AM
So right now I've been using Adams Polishes but it's too much money. I'm in the market for another leather cleaner and conditioner. I wanted to get the colony hide leather stuff but there still out of stock. What are some other good ones I can use and buy lathe quantity of or big bottles for a fair price?

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039

Also I just ordered Pinnacle leather conditioner.

Adams is way over $$$$ most all their stuff is.

I used the little trial bottle AG sent of Pinnacle. It smells great....... and seems to be one of the better ones I have used.

Makes it easier to slide off the seat without being greasy.

I have used Megs, Junk from Eagle One, Surf City Voodoo, others I forget :banghead:

wdmaccord
10-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner has worked great for me. No smell. Dilutes 1:6 and I can get 2-3 cars out of that one ounce. I use the CG Pure Leather Conditioner or 303 Aerospace for protecting the leather. If the leather/vinyl is starting to look dry, I'll use the conditioner, otherwise I just use the Aerospace.

Gsrjake
10-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Leather Conditioner. - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039)

Also I just ordered Pinnacle leather conditioner.

Adams is way over $$$$ most all their stuff is.

I used the little trial bottle AG sent of Pinnacle. It smells great....... and seems to be one of the better ones I have used.

Makes it easier to slide off the seat without being greasy.

I have used Megs, Junk from Eagle One, Surf City Voodoo, others I forget :banghead:
I was thinking about trying the pinnacle, and I like to do both when I'm doing cars to satisfy them more lol

Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner has worked great for me. No smell. Dilutes 1:6 and I can get 2-3 cars out of that one ounce. I use the CG Pure Leather Conditioner or 303 Aerospace for protecting the leather. If the leather/vinyl is starting to look dry, I'll use the conditioner, otherwise I just use the Aerospace.
I might have to try that and there new leather serum then

PA DETAILER
10-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

this is hands down one of the best products i have used this year. i know you need quanity, but a can really lasts. give it a look......

wdmaccord
10-01-2013, 12:28 PM
The leather serum might not be worth the premium price since most leather is factory coated, or some times vinyl. Maybe for high end custom or factory leather.

Just remember if you use CG Pure Leather Conditioner or 303 Aerospace, to do a final dry buff to remove remaining residue and shine. Leather should have a nice matte look.

Off topic, when you use 303 Aerospace on hard trim like doors and dash, make sure and do a final dry buff there also. This will remove the excess shine and give you a nice satin or matte finish.

Gsrjake
10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

this is hands down one of the best products i have used this year. i know you need quanity, but a can really lasts. give it a look......
How is it with removing stains? 3 cans for $25 isn't bad, keep me updated

The leather serum might not be worth the premium price since most leather is factory coated, or some times vinyl. Maybe for high end custom or factory leather.

Just remember if you use CG Pure Leather Conditioner or 303 Aerospace, to do a final dry buff to remove remaining residue and shine. Leather should have a nice matte look.

Off topic, when you use 303 Aerospace on hard trim like doors and dash, make sure and do a final dry buff there also. This will remove the excess shine and give you a nice satin or matte finish.
Yeah true thanks for the info man

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Does AG sell Leather Masters?

custmsprty
10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Leatherique, great stuff. If it's good enough for Todd @ Esoteric Detail it's good enough for me.

To quote Todd:
Leatherique is widely accepted as some of the absolute finest leather care and restoration / preservation products on the market. Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil work with a capillary action. The proteins, cleaners, and conditioners find their way deep into the natural pores of the leather and force out the dirt, perspiration, air pollution, and other toxins that dry out and destroy the fibers of the leather, depleting the fibers strength and flexibility, and causing them to deteriorate.

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought I read that I darkens leather...... Leatherique that is

custmsprty
10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I thought I read that I darkens leather...... Leatherique that is

He's got some great before and after photos on some tan leather seats on his detailing site which show it quite to the contrary. They were dirty to start and much cleaner and lighter when finished.

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Link please?

custmsprty
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Link please?

Just google up esoteric detail and look under their services and under leather packages

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Will do thank you

Gsrjake
10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
That stuff is quite expensive but it does sound really good, ill post up some pics of the leather work I've done.