Klasse sealant glaze

Gsrjake

Reaction score
Anyone try this before? I just picked up some and was gonna use it on a clients car tomorrow, one thing forsure is it smells like crap lol is that normal? Other then that it looks pretty cool if what it says is true. Any tips on applying it besides very think coats? Will a MF hand pad be okay or should I use a foam?

It's suppose to be decent stuff from the reviews I've read... Should be fine

Is this a real question? There is something posted on Klasse SG every week. Not being a jerk, but suggesting a search as I have learned a lot from reading other's posts.

I love this stuff! I am a newer user to the Klasse twins and after trying the "apply as thin as humanly possible" method with the SG, I have adopted my own modified wipe-on, wipe-off method. I do use a microfiber pad to apply.

I wet the pad lightly with Meguiars 34, then add a few peas size drops of SG and apply to one panel, wiping in one direction. I then wait a minute, add another drop of SG to the pad, and reapply the same panel, wiping 90 degrees to the last application direction, to ensure complete coverage. Since SG flashes so quick, in the time that I fold a fresh microfiber, I then polish off and buff to a shine.

I apply and buff panel by panel. It goes pretty quickly.

Many others have their own method that works for them.

Is this a real question? There is something posted on Klasse SG every week. Not being a jerk, but suggesting a search as I have learned a lot from reading other's posts.

I love this stuff! I am a newer user to the Klasse twins and after trying the "apply as thin as humanly possible" method with the SG, I have adopted my own modified wipe-on, wipe-off method. I do use a microfiber pad to apply.

I wet the pad lightly with Meguiars 34, then add a few peas size drops of SG and apply to one panel, wiping in one direction. I then wait a minute, add another drop of SG to the pad, and reapply the same panel, wiping 90 degrees to the last application direction, to ensure complete coverage. Since SG flashes so quick, in the time that I fold a fresh microfiber, I then polish off and buff to a shine.

I have researched lot, just don't always have time for it. That's great advice seems I'm gonna try it your way seems simple and fast like you said

I have researched lot, just don't always have time for it. That's great advice seems I'm gonna try it your way seems simple and fast like you said

Great stuff if you use it correctly, super thin coats and I mean thin. I let it cure for about 30 minutes and then use a detailing spray to remove it. That works wonders.

I have used two methods. One following the how to guide on AG. There is a video on YouTube that is a good reference point. When following the guide in AG I allow it to sit on the paint between 30--45 min and wipe off. If you apply to thick in some areas just use a mist of QD and wipe off.

The other method is I used a small 2 oz travel size spray bottle. I did 1-2 sprays per panel and wiped it on and wiped it off after a few min while I moved onto another panel.

Be sure to keep the pad a little damp with some QD to help you spread KSG around.

Also 2 coats looks great and better than 1 coat. KAIO lays a great foundation for KSG.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Lots of help

I've used it for nearly nine years. My bottle is also nine years old, and doesn't smell bad at all, but there may have been a formula change somewhere over the years.

I apply it by hand using a slightly damp microfiber pad. A drop about the size of a pea is good for a door pannel on a SUV, and a dime sized drop should cover the hood (Toyota Highlander in my case).

One thing I've learned after reading around here lately is SG is fairly temperature sensitive. In ambient temperatures over 80 degrees or so, it becomes harder to remove and may streak a little. All this time I thought it was just bad technique on my part.

Sonus Spritz works great as a QD to touch up areas where you might have put it down to heavy and it's become hard to remove.

The nice thing is it produces a great shine and will easily last 6 months in mild weather.

I like the sound of your description..beings it is a glaze , does it seem to hide minor imperfections ?

I've used it for nearly nine years. My bottle is also nine years old, and doesn't smell bad at all, but there may have been a formula change somewhere over the years.

I apply it by hand using a slightly damp microfiber pad. A drop about the size of a pea is good for a door pannel on a SUV, and a dime sized drop should cover the hood (Toyota Highlander in my case).

One thing I've learned after reading around here lately is SG is fairly temperature sensitive. In ambient temperatures over 80 degrees or so, it becomes harder to remove and may streak a little. All this time I thought it was just bad technique on my part.

Sonus Spritz works great as a QD to touch up areas where you might have put it down to heavy and it's become hard to remove.

The nice thing is it produces a great shine and will easily last 6 months in mild weather.
Thanks for the info, I'm working on a 4dr Evo X right now so I'll prolly use half a pea size drop for the doors and a full for the roof and hood, is it safe to get on plastic of by accident? I'm in Texas so I'll probably run into that problem. Idc if it smells bad just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong with mine, it's been sitting in my garage with the humidity so idk if that'll do anything to it. I'll post some pics up and my review when I'm done thanks guys

I just used it for the first time on a new car and my 2008 silverado with neglected paint. I have only gotten around to putting 1 coat and I am pleasantly surprised with the shine and water beading. I did clay bar and polish before applying.

As you can tell the rest of the truck is not even close to beading. lol

Thanks for the info, I'm working on a 4dr Evo X right now so I'll prolly use half a pea size drop for the doors and a full for the roof and hood, is it safe to get on plastic of by accident? I'm in Texas so I'll probably run into that problem. Idc if it smells bad just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong with mine, it's been sitting in my garage with the humidity so idk if that'll do anything to it. I'll post some pics up and my review when I'm done thanks guys

Klasse SG is very safe on trim/plastic. AIO is not, in my experience.

Your ratio's are about right. I think I use similar ammounts on my Mazda3. I haven't applied any to that car since April, so I didn't really remember how much I used. The SUV, I did a second coat this past weekend.

I hit all my lights and trim with the AIO with no ill-effects. I like applying it to the surface of the lights because it helps shed the water and road spray. Water/spray runs off easier, and a quick wipe to clear the lenses are a breeze.

Just got done using this stuff and I love it! It's absolutely amazing didn't have any problems taking it off even with a light coat on the car. Looks an feels amazing! I'll post pics soon!

Just used the twins for the first time the other day and my car feels great! I only used one coat of KSG and waxed over it and boy its so smooth and slick. Shines is amazing. I will try 2 coats next time. Want to do it right now but waiting for wax to subside in a week or two.

Just used the twins for the first time the other day and my car feels great! I only used one coat of KSG and waxed over it and boy its so smooth and slick. Shines is amazing. I will try 2 coats next time. Want to do it right now but waiting for wax to subside in a week or two.

I hate to tell you this, but if you were going to put another coat of SG down, you should have waited on the wax. SG probably won't bond real well with the wax layer. SG bonds great to multiple layers of itself, but not a surface with waxes and products on it. It might look good, but you won't get the durability you would have if you did two layers of SG and THEN put the wax on top.

The Klasse products are a little picky, that is why AIO and SG are always paired. If you polish or do other prep work, AIO cleans up what ever previous products left behind and leaves the surface ready for the SG. The oils and waxes in many polishes prevent the SG from bonding to the surface.

First time here in the forum and i learned a lot from it, and i decided to bought the klasse twins. I washed my suv, did the clay then klasse aio after that 2 coats of klasse sg( 24hrs apart) and it looks awesome!!!! I just hope it will last the winter here in ny.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

I just hope it will last the winter here in ny.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

It should. I can get 6 months of winter protection here in the mid-west with no problem on one coat. Two should do just fine.

In follow up to the other post, I wouldn't even put a topper on SG, it shines like crazy on it's own. What's recommended to maintain and extend it's longevity is the Sonus Acrylic Glanz. That's what I use and I give it :dblthumb2: I wipe it down with this about once every week or two.

Back