Plastic Mirror Technique/Products?

kochdalton87

Reaction score
When detailing a vehicle that barely gets washed I often find it hard to get all the bugs and gunk off of the plastic mirror casing. What's everyone's technique or process to get the best end result?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

For bugs or other dried on stuff - soak a towel in ONR or other wash solution, then drape the towel over the affected area for several minutes to loosen the bugs.

For tar or other petro-based contaminant, use a solvent such as tarminator or body prep solvent. Be careful with solvents and plastic mirror housings. I would normally start with an APC or degreaser and work my way up to a solvent, but if you start with the bug removal process, APC isn't going to remove much more.

Okay, those sound like good ideas. I'll have to try those out next time. Thanks for your help.
Dalton

This stuff, soaked, then pressure wash

a3ujuqy4.jpg

I wash them well , clay to remove the bugs then use UC, polish them with m205, seal them using Griot's Paint Sealant.
Then top it with a wax.

I use my DA with a four inch pad.
Works well for me.

Thanks for all the advice guys. It's a huge help and greatly appreciated.

Pretty well covered. Thought I'd add that for me a hot damp microfiber draped over loosens pretty good. Gently wipe away when you remove. I will add that in Florida love bug season do it quick. Those suckers will etch if allowed to dry.

Back