PDA

View Full Version : things that make you go AAAAHHHHH

beamerstrumpet
10-15-2013, 11:21 PM
I found this advertising on you tube. starts with a swirl omatic and then they use a high speed orbital and wax over all the damage!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DRHrEx-Rw]Hand Wax at Jax Kar Wash & Express Detailing Center - YouTube[/video]

FUNX650
10-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Hand Wax at Jax Kar Wash & Express Detailing Center - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DRHrEx-Rw)
So many depressing things a person may encounter during their Life here on Earth!

http://pimg.tradeindia.com/00603630/b/2/Tongue-Depressor.jpg

Bob

Evan.J
10-16-2013, 09:26 AM
That pad had to be 8" at least its HUGE!

WantcarPerfect
10-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree with FUNX725! Depressing things like that always make me go AAAAHHHHHHHHH !

Vegas Transplant
10-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Restoring Faded RV Fiberglass Finish By Hand - YouTube

Pureshine
10-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Wow both videos make me laugh :)

sweatthedetails
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
That Jax car wash has a franchise walking distance from my house. Their claim to fame is the 2$ car wash. I love going on Google maps and reading all the horror stories people have posted.

www.SweatTheDetails.Time2Detail.com
www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

Vegas Transplant
10-16-2013, 11:21 AM
...just keep working the product in until you feel a little resistance...polish until you don't feel any resistance...

By the looks of it, that is one oily product.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-16-2013, 11:33 AM
By the looks of it, that is one oily product.

Just wait till someone tries to replicate that technique and product on their cars paint.....

Mastercraft241
10-16-2013, 11:53 AM
What makes me sad is that some of these people really are that uneducated. For the CEO, hes invested money into a product and he doesnt know the first thing about detailing. All these other guys, same thing. It's sad because if they would invest that amount of time and money into something they think they know everything about, but actually know squat.... its hard to believe how they treat everything else in their life.

Dr_Pain
10-16-2013, 11:55 AM
I think I threw up in my mouth a little!! ...... but I am DEFINITELY getting some "scrubby sponges" to break through the oxidization (or what ever he called it)

Vegas Transplant
10-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Just wait till someone tries to replicate that technique and product on their cars paint.....

Like the guy from Texas who uses #0000 with compound...I'm not gonna bother looking up that series of video :bolt:

What makes me sad is that some of these people really are that uneducated. For the CEO, hes invested money into a product and he doesnt know the first thing about detailing. All these other guys, same thing. It's sad because if they would invest that amount of time and money into something they think they know everything about, but actually know squat.... its hard to believe how they treat everything else in their life.

Some of these guys travel in their RV's and prey on retired, full-time rv'ers to support their full time lifestyle.

...(or what ever he called it)

I caught that too.

Pureshine
10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
The sad thing is people watch these videos and trust people like these guys.

Vegas Transplant
10-16-2013, 12:52 PM
How many times is he going to flip the face on the concrete? :confused:

...This is buffing. Buffing 101, Yessiree!!!...
...I wear 'em out in about 28 days, but we buff probably about half that many cars...15-18 cars, and, umm and we're awfully hard hard on our buffers. I mean it's just they never seem to cool down.

Car Buffing DIY How To Buff A Car Restore a Cars Paint Detail Tips Part #2 - YouTube

At 19:32...FREE CAR CONTEST!!!

cardaddy
10-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Yep, we have a similar car wash to that near here. (Even the small towns have um' these days.) :rolleyes: Funny thing is they are always busy, ALWAYS! Quick $20 later and it's shiny, tires are slick. And of course the same towels they used all day are the ones you'll get tomorrow. :eek:

As for the other guy (the motorhome dude). That looked like a unit circa 70's all chalky and faded, then presto.... smear some silicone on it and it's good as new. :laughing: Either that or baby oil, or maybe it's motor oil. Im the MANKeep rubbing till it's all gone folks. :laughing: