PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a polisher

Pages : [1] 2

stilltipping3
10-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Since there is this big sale I want to order a DA polisher but don't know what to get. Rupes, Flex, or Porter Cable?
I an not a fulltime detailer so not sure what I should buy. Please give me advice on what you would buy and why? Thanks

Feed back please:buffing::buffing:

artofdetailing
10-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Porter Cable. Start with that and when you feel like polishing is second nature consider the flex or rupes.

stilltipping3
10-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Porter Cable. Start with that and when you feel like polishing is second nature consider the flex or rupes.

Forgot to say I have a megs DA.
Also does the Rupes or flex come with backing plates?

custmsprty
10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Rupes, I love mine so smooth and effortless, and yes it comes with backing plate.

Now would be a good time to pull the trigger with the 15% no exclusion and free shiping running through tomorrow.

stilltipping3
10-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Rupes, I love mine so smooth and effortless, and yes it comes with backing plate.

Ok, thanks. Is it that much better than the FLEX?

stilltipping3
10-18-2013, 04:35 PM
My GF said it could be my bday and xmas present. Just not sure I need such a Ferrari of machines. Please, give me reasons to buy this and justify it. help!!

custmsprty
10-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Because you want it and can't live without it :dblthumb2:

Vegas Transplant
10-18-2013, 04:40 PM
With 3 HF's in close proximity to you, I suggest looking into their GG clone.

Are YOU making any $$$ now with the tools that you have?

stilltipping3
10-18-2013, 04:51 PM
With 3 HF's in close proximity to you, I suggest looking into their GG clone.

Are YOU making any $$$ now with the that tools you have?

What is HF's?
I do 2-3 cars a month on my off days from my other 2 jobs. Not a whole lot just supplementing my income with my hobby.

Vegas Transplant
10-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Harbor freight.

What is HF's?
I do 2-3 cars a month on my off days from my other 2 jobs. Not a whole lot just supplementing my income with my hobby.

My point exactly. Buy a HF GG6 clone and have enough left over to buy a quality steamer or extractor from a Vegas pawnshop/CL.

custmsprty
10-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Go for the Rupes or Flex, you'll end up there any way. HF = Chinese junk. You won't regret it. Work smarter, not harder.

Review from HF's website:

Quality control issues:

The first one arrived DOA. I sent it back for replacement and heard nothing from HF for over a month. I called twice checking on what happened to my replacement and they said they would send it out that day. A few days later I received an envelope with another return authorization. I called again and finally they shipped my replacement. I tried it out to make sure it worked and it vibrates excessively. It is hard to hold against the car body and the polishing it uneven. I think the backing pad is bent causing it to wobble. I am going to try to find a backing pad off a porter cable and see if it will fit. So far it does not seem like much of a bargain

parttimer
10-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I have a flex in the way so I can't comment on that choice. If it's going to be your only unit go with a gg or rupes 15. 21 has too much throw for a while car. I have a gg. Rupes 21 and hf. I use all three, if I had one, it would be the gg.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

ntwillie1
10-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Rupes. It's expensive but after you use it you won't want to drive anything else.

VISITOR
10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
everyone should own at least on traditional style DA and with that said, GG6 would be a great choice. you can use different size pads with different backing plates and also carpet brush attachments as well. you can always get the flex or rupes later...

HateSwirls
10-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I have bought a PC-XP,didn't have the power I was looking for so I bought the Griot's DA.
It's like night and day,twice the power of the PC which mean faster and better corrections.
It's a must have IMO.
Plus the pr ice isn't much cheaper than of the Flex
I can put all my weight on it and won't bog down the machine, now that's power right there:)