2000 Black Jeep Wrangler - Help

Hack2013

Reaction score
I have a 2000 black wrangler and would like to detail myself. I am new at this. I have read and learned much from these forums and the website. The paint has a haze from old wax and also has swirl marks. Please help with steps and products. Thank you!

1. Wash two bucket method
2. Clay bar
3. Polish?
4. Seal or wax?

Thanks again!

You are going to want to remove any old wax with some kind of decon soap like CG Citrus Wash. Then clay it. You might want to remove iron if you have never done it before...if so, do it before you clay.

Then you could do a test spot with a polish to see if that removes the swirls and scratches. If not, step up to a compound and do another test spot. Meguiars Ultimate Compound is incredibly user friendly, especially for newbies...that was what I started with and got great results. It actually finishes real nice and you could probably skip a polish if you wanted to go straight to a sealant or wax. Next time you do a full detail, you will probably only need to polish (no compounding) it if you have maintained good wash methods.

On my 2000 jeep xj that is blac, I'm assuming its the same paint and all as yours, the meg's Ultimate polish did wonders on mine. I did i all by hand to. So you could possibly stat with something like that.

I would recommend the following.

After washing, clay the whole jeep.

Then Use Ultimate Compound and follow up with Ultimate Polish.

After that use either NXT 2.0 or Ultimate Wax.

Make sure the finish is how you want it during the Compounding step BEFORE moving on to the Polishing step. That way you would be enhancing the finish when polishing.

Hi "Hack" 2013...:welcome:...to AGO!

I realize my AGO forum name isn't really a World-changer...
But I'm glad I didn't go your route!! LOL.

As David Bowie used to sing: "Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes"

NOTE: No offense intended.

:)

Bob

Thank you all for suggestions! Can't wait to get started.

Bill1234, nice work. Jeep looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Btw, I felt that the hardest part other than correction was clay. Hard to do wider pannels and smaller pannels as mentioned.

i doubt the "haze" is from old wax...most likely oxidation or just a lot of swirls xD good luck man

I also have a 2011 Hyundai elantra that is black. It has slight swirl marks. Would these same steps and products be ok to use on it also? Again thanks to everyone for you input.

The only way to truly know is to see and inspect it, but i would recommend the same steps. Always do a test spot to see if what you do first is enough to correct the issue. If polish isn't correcting it then you would go to a compound

vevurygy.jpg

sage6e8a.jpg

y3a4yvuj.jpg

Thanks everyone for the tips. I have done three cars using the steps everyone suggested and the vehicles turned out great. At least IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back