Applying Waxes?

FMINUS

Reaction score
First of all, I want to apologize to anyone who has tried to PM me in the past week. I started a new job and Im in traning all week in Irvine. I am at the Crown plaza and thier internet is slooooooow. Im moving to the DoubleTree next week and hopefully thats better!

Anyways, my question is this, when applying waxes, I love taking the wax out of the container and putting it on the pad. But there are some canistersthat do not allow that, i.e.

Megs 16, CG 5050,Collinite.
They have the old style metal caps. How do you guys apply it to the PC pad?

whats wrong with applying wax by hand. I know some people have melted wax down and than poured it into diff. containers. I guess that could be one option if you really must apply via PC.

use a credit card and scrape some out...spread it out on the pad :)

or you can go to hallmark and depending on what time of year it is they have seasonal butter knives that would probably work better than a credit card, and you could get little christmas trees,easter bunnies,pilgrims,fireworks, etc.

AUdakota said:
or you can go to hallmark and depending on what time of year it is they have seasonal butter knives that would probably work better than a credit card, and you could get little christmas trees,easter bunnies,pilgrims,fireworks, etc.

haha that is cute

I like to apply paste wax my hand. I don't like those old metal cans.

I'm sure if you got a glass that was a little smaller than the container you could mash it all the way to the bottom of the container without breaking the glass/cup. I've never tried it, but I would assume the wax should pop out with some coaxing.

I like waxing by hand. It gives me a break from using the machine even if it takes a little longer.

Alex

I have taken an old "soft solid" deod. applicator, cleaned it very well, and filled it with #16. Then just roll it on your pad. There was no need to melt the wax, just scoop it out with a putty knife and slowly fill the applicator. This works very well.

AUdakota said:

LOL! season butter knives

I use a 4" soft pad on a PC to apply. It will fit in some of those cans/jars.

I wish all pastes came in the old school wide cans.

pt91 said:
I use a 4" soft pad on a PC to apply. It will fit in some of those cans/jars.

I use the 4" white edge pad, it fits in the Megs #16 tin perfectly.

Back