HD Poxy best looking Sealant or Hype?

nubaseal

Reaction score
For a sealant that claims to be the first to have Montan Wax blended into it and so many other things, it is surprising to not find any reviews out here.

Is it worth trying or just hype? Honestly, I had never heard of this brand until now.

It is not sold here so you don't hear much about it. I find it has the protection of a sealant (3-4 months on a DD) with the deep wet look of a wax on it's own. Topped with V7 it's amazing. It also seems to add a richness to lighter colors. A little goes a long way--about 12-18 pea sized drops for an entire car.

Yep it is a fine product. Will hold its own against most other sealants on the market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

I have a slightly older version of Poxy, looks wise I believe it is the best looking sealant, it's even better looking than almost every wax that I've used. Not very durable though I've read that the latest version was updated with better durability.

There are many "hybrid-Sealants" on the market...
The same holds true for "hybrid-Waxes".
{Whoa!...Now that I see this in text-form: Is there much of a difference?} :dunno:

Montan Wax: Not saying it is hype---rather, IMHO, just the "latest buzz-words".
I remember that, not too long ago, folks only wanted (or were told they only needed) Carnauba-wax
in their (Wax/Sealant/Hybrid) LSP-products' formulations.

Whether these particular LSP's ever contained other "types of waxes", or not...was often difficult to discern.
It appears strides have been made in the direction of that clarification. But to what end-purpose?
That may also be difficult to discern.

Just my: ¢¢

Bob

I have the Poxy3 but I have been using DuraGloss 111 in place of it. I thought the 111 provided a deeper gloss.

I believe the Montan wax has a higher melting point than Carnuba so the theory goes it will last longer than Carnuba in the hot sun.

I've been using DG products for some time and have never found 111 to have any "deepness" to it, but very high gloss. IMO Poxy has more of the "wet--deep" look of a wax than 111.

As mentioned Poxy gives me 3-4 months durability on a DD garaged at night.

Even I think DG 111 is more of a hard candy sealant look. Their best organic looking sealant is DG 105 and so far my favorite. I am just hoping HD Poxy to be a notch higher than DG 105. In fact, I just used it this weekend and this is how it looks on my car.

20131019_151408_zpsdb451a00.jpg

20131019_151427_zpscf9c1b50.jpg

Very nice!!!

In the spring after polishing I put on a coat of the DG 105/601 cocktail as a base and add a coat of POXY. Then every 3-4 months put on another coat of POXY. Here's a photo of the hood on my wife's car with 3 month old POXY taken 15 seconds after flooding the hood---

tn_LSPStrippingTest002.jpg

3D/HD have some fantastic products (not hyped) and reasonably priced as well. if i owned a business and needed to buy in bulk, i would definitely consider them as they offer more bang for the buck...

3D/HD have some fantastic products (not hyped) and reasonably priced as well. if i owned a business and needed to buy in bulk, i would definitely consider them as they offer more bang for the buck...

I use polish, cut, and speed quite often just because of these reasons. Dont use poxy a lot because it has a cure time and I prefer opti seal. If anyone wants a sample just pm me.

It is not sold here so you don't hear much about it. I find it has the protection of a sealant (3-4 months on a DD) with the deep wet look of a wax on it's own. Topped with V7 it's amazing. It also seems to add a richness to lighter colors. A little goes a long way--about 12-18 pea sized drops for an entire car.
what? thats not a little thats a lot of product and i dont think ull have to use that much to do 1 car

I believe Zymol used montan wax in some of its products and they have been around for many years. I believe our Blackfire Wax also does the same. Lots of choices ....

Ive used HD Poxy on two customer vehicles so far. Cant wait to use it on my own black vehicles. Leaves a slick finish and darkens the appearance a bit. Takes a while to cure though but still not really a bad thing.

DSCN0625_zps6b005b45.jpg

DSCN0646_zps4831ca28.jpg

I use polish, cut, and speed quite often just because of these reasons. Dont use poxy a lot because it has a cure time and I prefer opti seal. If anyone wants a sample just pm me.

With Sema around the corner I can't wait for the new HD products being un-veiled. I'm sure they are going to be solid products...

My bottle of POXY will be here fri! I cant wait to try it! I love the speed and uno, but sI mentioned in the what did you do today thread, I needed some heavier cut, and used megs UC, but that just means my order of cut and polish will be next.

I wrote to them a week ago but no response till date. I particularly hate using brands that don't bother replying to consumers.

I wrote to them a week ago but no response till date. I particularly hate using brands that don't bother replying to consumers.

Try writing Javier directly <[email protected]> you might have better luck. Don't forget SEMA is just around the corner so everyone is probably very busy.

Back