Window cleaning products or technique!!

flhden

Reaction score
For someone who just works to keep my own cars looking good I believe over the years I have come up with some pretty good techniques, which have worked well for me. The area that I seem to have the most problems with are the interior glass. They always look good until I start driving in the sun and then the streaks appear. The exterior I have no problem with and maybe thats because it is so easy to get to and apply lots of elbow grease. My windshield and rear window (08) Corvette Convertible are hard to get a good working position on. I have tried most of the over the counter window cleaners, Windex, Stoners with the same results. Can anyone recommend a product or technique to help me with this problem area. Thanks very much..:dblthumb2:

Wash your hands before you clean the windows.

Most people do windows last, after our hands have traces of all sorts of different products on them.

Product I recommend is Poorboy's Glass Cleaner.

As for technique, I go to my passenger side seat and put my left knee on the seat and right foot on the floor. I then spray my MF towel with my window cleaner and reach with my right hand to the top left corner of the windshield and move my way down. Then I just keep going until I finish the whole windshield. Then I either flip the towel over or grab a new one and buff off the remaining cleaner.

+1 Fast Glass

Wrap it in a clean microfiber and wring the heck out of it

Megs D120 with distilled water works great for me. Also, I did notice when I clean tinted windows (after market tint, not factory) they are a lot easier to buff and make it streak free.

I use stoners glass Cleaner and two glass towels works great. I saw the video and think my way is still faster and better.

I always had problems getting my glass streak free but not anymore.
Now I use EZ Cream Glaze by CG'S , inside and out, the glass never looked better, I mean it's streak free plus gives it a nice shine, doesn't take long to perform the task.
Give it a try and see for your self, itvit magic?, well to me it is,amazing results.

I will use a wax, qd, polish, or some sort of glass cleaner followed by a towel to remove the product. Then another dry clean towel to go over the windows again. Maybe a third towel if I still see residue. Also, I use 2 different motions when cleaning. Up down on the outside and right left on the inside. This helps me when I find residue. Make sure your towels are clean as well.

Strange but true.
I'll partially lower the top on my dd Sebring to better access the glass from a standing position. I do this mainly because glass is my last process and this makes it physically less demanding for me.

Back