Do you ever clay while washing?

You mean clay instead of wash? I am not certain how you would clay AS you wash?

It's really important to clean the paint before claying it. If you don't 2 things will happen:

1. Your gonna load your clay bar with dirt.
2. You will scratch the whole car with the dirt imbeded in the clay bar.

If you use a clay bar alternative like a nano-skin mitt or sponge, it won't load up with dirt but it will still scratch the whole car with the dirt on the paint.

The two sided nanoskin mitt can be used that way but I opt to use the mitt after washing.

Years ago I found it saves a step,anyone else do this?

Anyone who has done this for any lenght of time has surely figured this out IMO

Rookie move is using QD on a dry panel IMO. Those are the guys that spend 14 hours on a 2 step polish IMO

:p

Yes, it saves a lot of time. Make sure you wash and rinse each panel first though so it's clean.
Saves on clay lube too!

nanoskin speedy prep towel with dawn when I start a car...

Well...if what you mean is wash, rinse, and then use a sudsy wash mitt as clay lube, then yes. I then do a very quick wash to remove any residue, rinse and dry. Done. Ready for polishing.

If you mean wash, and without rinsing, start claying, then no. That would be insane.

Well...if what you mean is wash, rinse, and then use a sudsy wash mitt as clay lube, then yes. I then do a very quick wash to remove any residue, rinse and dry. Done. Ready for polishing.

If you mean wash, and without rinsing, start claying, then no. That would be insane.

:iagree:

Back