PDA

View Full Version : Overkill??

keepitclean
11-08-2013, 09:45 AM
On mostly my own cars or a few close friends.................after wash, clay, etc...is it over kill after using Pinnacle XMT 360 to seal afterwards with for example Men. Power Lock then top with wax.

I don't mind the extra step since I usually have a little help and I want the best for my on ride.

allenk4
11-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I learned early on in this Forum, that whatever lengths you go to...no one will think you went overboard.

I thought re-labeling my bottles so they all matched was too far. Not one person agreed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20130329_004.jpg

DetailKitty
11-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Not at all.... when I do a full detail on my car I do 2 layers of sealant and then wax over that.

Nice bottles- that is awesome :xyxthumbs:

jankerson
11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Not at all.... when I do a full detail on my car I do 2 layers of sealant and then wax over that.

Nice bottles- that is awesome :xyxthumbs:

Same here 2 coats of Sealant and 2 or 3 coats of wax. :xyxthumbs:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Not overboard at all.

But if doing that many steps why not do a light polish then seal with Powerlock?

Radarryan
11-09-2013, 03:54 AM
I learned early on in this Forum, that whatever lengths you go to...no one will think you went overboard.

I thought re-labeling my bottles so they all matched was too far. Not one person agreed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20130329_004.jpg

If you didn't re-label your bottles... I'd be concerned :laughing:

Even though I prefer buying in bulk, I still waste money (per oz or unit) buying the 16 oz or 500mL product labeled bottle and just refill that as I go, rather than use generic bottles.

As you said, here, there is no overboard! Happy detailing!

keepitclean
11-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Not overboard at all.

But if doing that many steps why not do a light polish then seal with Powerlock?

Yes I agree and have done this. But Pinnacle XMT 360 really worked well on my last couple of cars. Some of the imperfections were corrected with minimal effort. Just topped with PL to "seal the deal" and I had plenty on hand.