PDA

View Full Version : Is it fine to use Rinseless wash on Cquartz coating?

Pages : [1] 2

flatlinerz
11-18-2013, 03:11 AM
hey guys

got into rinseless washing and wondering if it fine to use on Cquartz coating using ONR or uww+ rinseless washing?

thanks

2shiny
11-18-2013, 04:27 AM
andy from Carpro himself says it's not. thats the reason they haven't made a rinseless wash themselves. rinseless washes and especially ONR use surfactants to remove the dirt and leave behind sime polymers for enhanced gloss. these interfere with the beading and sheeting properties from the coating.

flatlinerz
11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
andy from Carpro himself says it's not. thats the reason they haven't made a rinseless wash themselves. rinseless washes and especially ONR use surfactants to remove the dirt and leave behind sime polymers for enhanced gloss. these interfere with the beading and sheeting properties from the coating.

thanks for the reply, really...been searching through the forums seems people are doing rinseless and waterless

1953hogan
11-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Where can we get more specifics about what Andy said? Can't seem to find a way to contact him directly and would certainly like to know if his comments are in a forum somewhere.

As somebody who's car is coated and who also loves products like UWW+, I'd love to learn more about this.

KillaCam
11-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Idk about cquartz, but I would think onr wouldn't affect opti coat in regards to beading/sheeting.

2shiny
11-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Waterless / Rinsefree product - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=321383)

this is a thread where is asked if they had plans to make their own rinseless / waterless product

topKek
11-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Waterless / Rinsefree product - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=321383)

this is a thread where is asked if they had plans to make their own rinseless / waterless product

Hi Dave

sorry for late reply.

for now, no plan for rinseless / touchless wash.
im old school guy, i believe in water for good cleaning.http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
these type of products use massive amounts of surfactants that covers mostly the car surface rather than good cleaning it.

Pretty ignorant of them. Not everyone has the ability to do a rinse wash in their neighborhood (and there are zero DIY washing places around here). I haven't seen anyone have problems doing a rinseless with OptiCoat, seems that will be the right choice to make over cQuartz.

zmcgovern45
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I know a certain CarPro distributor highly recommends UWW+ for maintaining coated finishes.

I myself use ONR quite often on my CQuartz Finest & 22ple Coated vehicle... no noticeable degradation of beading/sheeting.

TroyScherer
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
I have used ONR & UWWP on CQ protected cars with not problems. I just redid a 2.5 year old CQ application with CQUK.

I have talked with Avi@CarPro and their view is that you need proper amounts of water to wash a car safely. I do understand and agree. If they would make rinseless wash and people used it and marred a car; they would hold CarPro responsible. So IMO it is more about providing the best product options for taking care of your car, not all of them.

BeachZone
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM
My cars are CQ protected and there are zero problems with my ONR washes....

-Beach

KillaCam
11-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Wonder if a rinseless wash that contains wax would interfere? Hmm

zmcgovern45
11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Wonder if a rinseless wash that contains wax would interfere? Hmm

When you say "interfere" are you simply implying that the surface may have different properties compared to the bare coating?

If so, then yeah, anything that might stick to the surface has a chance to alter the beading/sheeting properties that you will experience. This does not mean the coating has been compromised in any way, shape, or form.

This is no different than using a wash/wax product on a traditional layer of sealant or wax. The product that is on the surface will ultimately dictate how it beads/sheets, but the layer of wax is still beneath this new layer of product.

With that being said, the chances of something like that sticking to a coated surface is theoretically less due to the surface properties of a coating vs. wax.

2shiny
11-19-2013, 12:56 PM
When you say "interfere" are you simply implying that the surface may have different properties compared to the bare coating?

If so, then yeah, anything that might stick to the surface has a chance to alter the beading/sheeting properties that you will experience. This does not mean the coating has been compromised in any way, shape, or form.

This is no different than using a wash/wax product on a traditional layer of sealant or wax. The product that is on the surface will ultimately dictate how it beads/sheets, but the layer of wax is still beneath this new layer of product.

that's what I was saying. not that it wil will deteriorate the coating, but the polymers that are left behind can alter the beading / sheeting properties.

I have noticed this to when using Dodo Juice Low on Eau over my car that had Reload on it...

KillaCam
11-19-2013, 01:12 PM

With that being said, the chances of something like that sticking to a coated surface is theoretically less due to the surface properties of a coating vs. wax.

Yes, alter the sheeting/beading characteristics of the coating.

Lowejackson
11-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Another thread can you use Rinseless Wash on Cquartz uk coating? - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=323776)

.....It wont cause any harm to the coating per say, it will just block the coating's attractive properties (dirt releasing, hydrophobic, water beading etc.)

However, if these shampoos are your thing they go ahead- you will still beneift from a number of the swirl resistance properties that CquartzUK offers. :thumb:

Andy:)