Need a cheaper product for tire shine

Coastalf350

Reaction score
Im looking for a cheaper alternative to the meguairs hot shine tire spray. Its just not lasting long (bottle wise). Is there a cheaper, maybe better alternative?

There is a better product that you will use less of. Something like OptiBond is like 15 bucks for 32oz. I've had a bottle for 2+ years and am only half way through it.

Believe or not, this stuff has a nice look, it lasts, and it's only about $3.50 a can at Walmart. I know it's not one of the more touted detailing brands but it's worth a try for less than $4.00. Sometimes you can get them two for $5.00.

0007466003347_500X500.jpg

+1:iagree:

Believe or not, this stuff has a nice look, it lasts, and it's only about $3.50 a can at Walmart. I know it's not one of the more touted detailing brands but it's worth a try for less than $4.00. Sometimes you can get them two for $5.00.

0007466003347_500X500.jpg

Any aerosol is going to end up costing you a fortune in the long run, because most of those OTC products are el-cheapo and you end using a ton of product to coat the tire. Also, the can is only partially filled with actual product. The rest is propellants to spray that product out. I probably would have used 50 aerosol cans to coat all the tires I've done with my 1/2 bottle of $15 OptiBond.

PERL is nice because it gives it a matte finish, doesnt sling and can be used on plastic, engine, rubber and leather

Megs hyper dressing or opti bond tire Gel. Both are economical and look great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Something you may like is Chemical Guys Super VRP, it's not expensive , one bottle can be diluted with water which would give you two bottles for one price.
A little goes a very long way so in a way it's very cheap.
You won't see much of a difference in results if any.

There is a better product that you will use less of. Something like OptiBond is like 15 bucks for 32oz. I've had a bottle for 2+ years and am only half way through it.

I agree. This is my go to. 1:1 looks great and lasts and lasts!

BF Total Eclipse Tire Gel. I used about 4 oz. over 8 months. Just replenished by adding 2 oz. free sample to my last 2 orders! Doesn't sling. One coat gives a satin finish and 2 coats gives a glossy finish. I only do 1 coat, so if you like glossy, you will go through it a little quicker than I have. It usually lasts through a couple rains too. And non-silicone!

I have been using meg's D163. It's a 32 oz bottle and I have only used a 1/4 of it if anything. That's with me using it on my car, my mom's and my dad's.

This is it.
Meguiars Tire & Trim Gel, tire dressing, trim dressing

Another option is to wait for the new meg's ultimate tire coating.
Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Another decent one that I have used in the past is stoner's more shine. It's water based and works well.
Aerosol
Stoner® More Shine-Less Time Tire Shine: Spray on an instant shine for tires, rubber moldings, etc. tire spray, tire dressing, rubber dressing, stoner
Spray Bottle
Stoner More Shine Tire Finish Spray, tire dressing spray, stoner more shine less time tire dressing

Megs endurance gives super shine and lasts very long. But u have to let it dry and\or wipe it off as well or it will fling. I don't use this on customers cars but I do use it on my own. That's a serious shine!

Megs endurance gives super shine and lasts very long. But u have to let it dry and\or wipe it off as well or it will fling. I don't use this on customers cars but I do use it on my own. That's a serious shine!

I agree, super shine but heed the advice to let it dry completely! Also, blot off any excess. It'll save you a world of trouble in the long run.

Back