PDA

View Full Version : Opti coat help

BrianMcLeod
11-27-2013, 10:30 AM
I am correcting paint and I was wondering when I am done is the fine is I give the car a IPA wipe down apply black label paint sealant and when ever I get opti coat in can I apply on the black label sealant

Evan.J
11-27-2013, 10:38 AM
No, OC needs to be applied to a clean surface. You should polish the car then do you IPA wipe down then apply OC

BrianMcLeod
11-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Is it fine If I polish the car then wait a week because I am ordering it Friday?

Jomax
You CANNOT put opti coat on any wax or sealant. The paint needs to be free of all polish, wax, and oils before applying opti coat. Using your steps, after you do a IPA wipe down, that's when you apply opti coat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AG Online

Jomax
No, OC needs to be applied to a clean surface. You should polish the car then do you IPA wipe down then apply OC

Beat me by 2 min lol

BrianMcLeod
11-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Would it be fine if I use m205 and a week later wash it and IPA wipe Down

Jomax
11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
You would have to wash/do a IPA wipe down before again.with This you have a chance to instill swirls. If you're super careful during the week while driving, a simple wash and IPA wipe down and your good to go.

If you won't be driving it and keeping it in the garage. I would do a RW to take any dust off, then an IPA wipe down.

BrianMcLeod
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
You would have to wash/do a IPA wipe down before again.with This you have a chance to instill swirls. If you're super careful during the week while driving, a simple wash and IPA wipe down and your good to go.

If you won't be driving it and keeping it in the garage. I would do a RW to take any dust off, then an IPA wipe down.

Ok thanks I will probably be really careful two question what is rw? And what does IPA stand for and the perchance of alcohol matter

BrianMcLeod
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
When you buy it is say like 70% or what perchance?

Evan.J
11-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Here you go:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvj80cB2HLc]Opti-Coat 2.0 Application - YouTube[/video]

Old Tiger
11-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I prefer CarPro Eraser over IPA. It has more lubricity so is less likely to mar the paint than IPA. Just my $.02!!

The Critic
11-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I prefer CarPro Eraser over IPA. It has more lubricity so is less likely to mar the paint than IPA. Just my $.02!!
Better yet, use Optimum Hyper Polish. After polishing, just wipe off the residue with a damp MF towel and go straight to Opti-Coat 2.0. There is no IPA wipedown needed.

M205 has a lot of oils which may be difficult to fully remove. I would advise doing a degreaser wash with Optimum Power Clean (3:1), followed by an IPA wipedown. Unfortunately, this will leave the surface quite grabby -- but you have no other choice.