Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant Replacement... Help please

BeachZone

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For the past 2 years I have used WGDGPS as my go-to paint sealant for customers cars. I love how easy application and removal is, durability is up there of course which isa must for an upgrade from wax, but I am sick of the 12hr cure time. It's caused problems for me with having to keep a client's car for extended time because of weather etc.

With that said, I'm looking to replace it with another sealant that has all the attributes of WGDGPS without the 12hr cure time.

Necessities: In this order preferably
- Durability
- Ease of use
- Easy on the wallet for the business
- am I forgetting something else?

I have recently bought Sonax Polymer Net Shield but have yet to put it to use... I've been selling coatings like they're going out of style. But I've heard great things about Sonax PNS, so that's the reason for my purchase.

Btw, Does anyone know the cure time of Sonax?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Beach

Any paint sealant requires cure time of 8-12 hours. A wax doesn't really require cure time, plus water can help set the wax. Something like Collinite 845 would probably be one of the best options.

Hmmm... There has to be a product out there :)

Any users know the recommended cure time of Sonax PNS?

-Beach

Hmmm... There has to be a product out there :)

Any users know the recommended cure time of Sonax PNS?

-Beach

There are trade off's to everything in life.

Paint Sealants protect for a lot longer than wax in general, the trade off is they need time for cure/bond to the surface. Usually around 12 hours..

Wax doesn't really need a cure time, the trade off is they don't last as long in general as Sealants do.

Now you could just use Megs M20 and let the car go after for those who don't want to wait. ;)

It fills everything on your list...

Hey guys,

For the past 2 years I have used WGDGPS as my go-to paint sealant for customers cars. I love how easy application and removal is, durability is up there of course which isa must for an upgrade from wax, but I am sick of the 12hr cure time. It's caused problems for me with having to keep a client's car for extended time because of weather etc.

With that said, I'm looking to replace it with another sealant that has all the attributes of WGDGPS without the 12hr cure time.
Necessities: In this order preferably
- Durability
- Ease of use
- Easy on the wallet for the business
- am I forgetting something else?

I have recently bought Sonax Polymer Net Shield but have yet to put it to use... I've been selling coatings like they're going out of style. But I've heard great things about Sonax PNS, so that's the reason for my purchase.

Btw, Does anyone know the cure time of Sonax?

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Beach
May not have all of WGDGPS' attributes...But:
Ever think of trying one of the Duragloss Sealants mixed with their #601?
(It's supposed to be sorta like using the "Z's flash cure" ZFX...with a "Z"-Sealant.)

Speaking of 'Coatings':
How much time do you allot before one of the 'Coated' vehicles
is allowed to be exposed to the elements?

For Sonax Polymer Net Shield's cure time:
As with most detailing products...Best to go by the manufacturer's guidelines,
and adjust these guidelines according to your experience with the variances of
your local ambient temps, humidity, air flow/wind speed, panel temps., etc.

:)

Bob

I was in the same boat as you. I switched to Menzerna Power Lock and never looked back. I couldn't find anything pertaining to cure time on Menz so anytime I've applied it, I haven't worried about it. (If anyone can send me info on the powerlock cure time I'd appreciate it.)

As far as durability, I have the roof of my truck that I tried it on (the rest of the rig was WDGPS) and I'm impressed so far with it. After washes it still behaves as though I just applied it. After a month or so, WDGPS behaved as though it needed "freshened up."

This convinced me to try it:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/60869-menzerna-powerlock-little-test.html

I've used Klasse sealant glaze in the past and wiped it off with no perceivable effect almost immediately after applying.

It does need to cure for at least 12 hours before applying a second coat or wax, but not to wipe off. I've never experienced any "saturation" by moisture when leaving it outside. When I had my long bed truck I had to leave it outside to cure, and it still lasted about 6 months. It was my personal vehicle, so it would get at least 3 coats.

Only negative is if you put it on too thick and let it dry, it might take you the 12 hour cure time to remove it, LOL.

Very true Aim about removal of KSG if left on but in all seriousness a little squirt of QD and it will come off.

Klasse is a fine choice to replace Wolfgang, might wanna try Duragloss #111 too, also Collinite products, all very good ones!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

I have really been enjoying Auto Finesse Power Seal. The product is easy to apply / wipe off and it offers an incredible deep shine. I cannot comment on durability yet but I will let you know once winter is over.

I was in the same boat as you. I switched to Menzerna Power Lock and never looked back. I couldn't find anything pertaining to cure time on Menz so anytime I've applied it, I haven't worried about it. (If anyone can send me info on the powerlock cure time I'd appreciate it.)

As far as durability, I have the roof of my truck that I tried it on (the rest of the rig was WDGPS) and I'm impressed so far with it. After washes it still behaves as though I just applied it. After a month or so, WDGPS behaved as though it needed "freshened up."

This convinced me to try it:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/60869-menzerna-powerlock-little-test.html

I believe the bottle states a wait time of three hours before adding a second coat.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AG Online

Having used both WGDGPS 3.0, and Menzerna Powerlock Sealants, I have noted they do seem somewhat similar, and quite close to one another in many regards.

Thus I would suspect similar useage, and cure times as well.

One product that comes to mind that might approach, and maybe even surpass the durability of both Sealants listed above, and should be a product where it's "Apply, and out the door she goes" with no issues, would be Collinite 476 Paste Wax.

Back