Most Aggressive "One Step" Polish?

Slick-Rides

Reaction score
What polish would you say has the most cut but also finishes good enough to be LSP ready? Lets say I'll use a white polishing pad on a rotary or DA depending on the situation.

Was thinking of trying Megs D151, but if there's a one step polish that corrects better, I might as well get the polish. I'd follow the d151 with a LSP anyways since it doesn't have lasting protection on its own.

Wolfgang uber compound finishes just about lsp ready... Mikes review on it is spot on.

Menzerna FG400 is said to be a great "one step" especially on harder paint systems.

I can vouch for Wolfgang Uber Compound. It cuts like a champ and finishes great. On soft paint I have had great results with Megs M205. It has no problem removing defects and finishing like a gem.

uber compound is the best I have seen. I will be trying fg400 that is supposed to be very close to uber compound. I have had great luck with menzerna powerfinish 2500 then lsp on many cars.

Depends on what you classify as LSP ready. But, liked stated, FG400 finishes really well, and on anything not BMW Jet Black, soft, you could go straight to wax and the masses wouldn't be able to tell otherwise. For paint not requiring deep defect removal I usually gravitate towards SIP or WGTSR. All depends on the situation and the paint's hardness.

If you truly are looking for a one step you could try D151 with a stronger pad combination. That's what I love about 151.

Carpro fixer is my current go to. I'be never tried the other ones mentioned though. Fg400 is high on my list for new AG order though.

The thing about 151 is it is more than a polish. It actually HAS a wax/finishing product built in. IOW's, if you're doing a LSP then you'll need to strip it down with a cleansing cream, Eraser, IPA or something to take that wax off first.

The rest depends on the paint, the amount of swirls, the level of correction. Megs 205 can be used start to finish on quite a lot of finishes, just as can Menz 1500. Although 205 cuts better and longer. (Disclaimer there is 1500 cuts better for the FIRST PASS only, then cuts less and less and less, then finishes a bit better.) Both can easily go all the way to LSP very easily however.

Wolfgang uber compound finishes just about lsp ready... Mikes review on it is spot on.

Before today I would have agreed about WG Uber. After having used FG400 today on a clients 97 supra, I can say with certainty that the FG400 finishes out better than the WG Uber. At first the FG400's working time seemed a little too short to finish out nicely but a couple of sprays of distilled water extended the working time just long enogh for the abrasives to break down completely and leave an unbelievable amount of gloss for such an agressive product! I could easily have gone straight to LSP but finished out the car with SF4000 just for a little more gloss. That and the customer was paying for a full correction so there was no need to skimp. The FG400 also handled the swirls and scratches with ease! FG400 will be my go-to for clients with lease turn-ins who don't want to pay for a full correction, polish, and wax!

This was after FG400 and before SF4000:

This was after SF4000:

Business wise if you are trying to create perfection, you are selling yourself short by doing a one step. Upsell the two step polish or 3 step. Word can travel and then everyone will expect miracles from a one step polish job.

Now if you are doing charity work, 105 used correctly can be a very aggressive one step.

Appreciate the suggestions. I would never have guessed that there were compounds capable of finishing as nice as shown in some of the reviews of WGUC and FG400. I'm not a professional, and just learning this stuff for personal use.

This compound/polish is going to be used on a 1997 GM truck. It was garaged it's whole life but is a swirl monster from years of improper washing and such. Not sure if 97 GM paint is considered hard or soft though. Gonna use Collinite 476s as the LSP because the truck is going to be my daily driver through the winter.

Just keep in mind that changing from a foam polishing pad to a Microfiber Finishing Disc can give you a significant boost in cut.

Optimum Hyper Polish or Sonax Perfect Finish would be my choice for a single-step polish.

Back