PDA

View Full Version : Small narrow hard to get places how do you do this

antti@561detailing
12-09-2013, 11:05 PM
How you guys polish behind door handles bmw has kindney grills narrow piece of metal in between how do you polish out scratches from those places.

Bates Detailing
12-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Behind door handles is a simple wrap MF around two fingers, apply compound... make your fingers work! Then do same with polish - scratches will come out :dblthumb2:

antti@561detailing
12-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I actually tried this but they are heavy scratches and i didnt have strong enough compound. Now i actually didi find something that works on this paint...thanks...i will try again tomorrow....but some narrow edges top of the fenders when they are not even 1 inch thick...would it be better with rotary or da polisher? Also around emblems? Fingers again?

cardaddy
12-10-2013, 12:38 AM
I actually tried this but they are heavy scratches and i didnt have strong enough compound. Now i actually didi find something that works on this paint...thanks...i will try again tomorrow....but some narrow edges top of the fenders when they are not even 1 inch thick...would it be better with rotary or da polisher? Also around emblems? Fingers again?

Are you doing everything by hand perhaps? Just wondering... :dunno:

antti@561detailing
12-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Are you doing everything by hand perhaps? Just wondering... :dunno:
Rest of the car is done by pc and lc orange pad and mf pads

Calendyr
12-10-2013, 07:34 AM
My issue is with emblems. I have no idea how to do a good job between the letters and Inside the letters of the car's name emblem. Anyone has any trick to offer?

irsankao
12-10-2013, 09:38 AM
@Calendyr, Use cue tip? cotton buds.
Sometimes I use carved bamboo chop stick with microfiber towel to reach the tight area.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I ask myself a couple questions before polishing out hard to reach or tiny places.

Is this a show car? Is it worth the extra time to polish out that tiny area, will I or my customer even notice? Do my customers want to pay for something they will never notice?

On my own M3 I did not polish between the kidney grills because it's not a show car.

You can get as polish crazy as you'd like but make sure it's worth doing whether personally or economically before approaching it.

allenk4
12-10-2013, 10:34 AM
My issue is with emblems. I have no idea how to do a good job between the letters and Inside the letters of the car's name emblem. Anyone has any trick to offer?

Interested to hear what others come up with.

When I bought my Yukon used; I removed the emblems, polished & protected underneath and then re-applied with 3M Super Strong Attachment Tape (http://www.autogeek.net/3m-03615.html).

It looked great for a few months, but is difficult to maintain.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.