Daytona Brushes Jacked Up from Cold

swanicyouth

Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't have been washing my wheels at 18° F.

yzutydym.jpg

Two of them broke - 4th wheel in the cold this morning. Oddly enough at the tip where you bend it to get behind spokes.

First the little one broke. I saved the "tip". When the big one broke I heaved the tip across the lot in disgust.

Good thing I keep some spares

emujaba9.jpg

Wow, I've never seen pictures like that of the Daytona's. At least you have extras to continue with!

looks like those has some miles on them, how long have you had them?

looks like those has some miles on them, how long have you had them?

I bought the little one at Detail Fest 2012. The big one a few months before that. I do use them each time I wash my cars. So, they've probably been used over 75 times. The little one not so much. That one surprised me. I just recently started using the little one more and more.

Now I'll have to get 2 more extras for my stash.

Get some wheel woolies instead. Much easier to use with less splatter.

I pre-soak the wheel with Meguiars Wheel Brightener diluted 3:1. It takes very little time and even the dirtiest wheels are completely clean in a min or two.

dang man, i personally beat the crap out of my daytona JR brush and its still in real nice shape after about a year. The way i use it and the way it looks i feel it'll last me for at least 5 years.
sorry to see that.
at least they died in battle, meaning they died doing what they were meant to do.
I almost feel a little pride in my tools when i have to retire them due to them breaking while working on a car or something. But I'm just weird like that. Haha!

dang man, i personally beat the crap out of my daytona JR brush and its still in real nice shape after about a year. The way i use it and the way it looks i feel it'll last me for at least 5 years.
sorry to see that.
at least they died in battle, meaning they died doing what they were meant to do.
I almost feel a little pride in my tools when i have to retire them due to them breaking while working on a car or something. But I'm just weird like that. Haha!

Everything breaks for me. I'm a destroyer. I use every thing a little harder than most. The odd thing was it was 2 at once in the same exact wheel. Maybe the cold had something to do with it? I do have all the Wheel Woolies and the bent one. The don't work on certain wheels to get behind the spokes.

If I were to wash my wheels in 18° weather, the ends of my fingers would fall off before the ends of the brush.

The trick is, put on a pair of latex gloves. Then put plumbers gloves on top of those. You can stick your hands in a frozen pond and they'll stay warm. The plumbers gloves keep any water from getting in because they go up your arm.

me2ajy8e.jpg

Whenever I try to keep my hands waterproof in cold weather, they end up just as cold and wet from perspiration.

My condolences to your wife, and your butt. :D

Yep. It's a cross I must bear.

Whenever I try to keep my hands waterproof in cold weather, they end up just as cold and wet from perspiration.

I have the same issue with sweat, but not in sub 30° weather. My hands seem to stay not too hot or too cold when it's TOO COLD out.

My Daytona brushes both broke the same week, just at the tips like yours did. I used the hell out of them for over a year, probably 200 cars, which is 800 wheels. I got my use. Are yours shedding the bristles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

My Daytona brushes both broke the same week, just at the tips like yours did. I used the hell out of them for over a year, probably 200 cars, which is 800 wheels. I got my use. Are yours shedding the bristles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

They lost a hair or two here and there. It wasn't too bad. Of course once they break, the bristles will come off all over because they are kind of woven around the metal. I'm going to seal off the ends and use the broken ones for stubby Daytona Brushes for exhaust tips and such.

Wheel Woolies just can get everywhere the Daytona Brushes get.

Back